Steroid cream doesn't work for me

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 16.08 by Saoirse

Hello fellow sufferers. So, my mom said I use to suffer with psoriasis on my scalp as a baby. But the past 3 years I have had it all on my legs, mostly big patches on the bottom of my legs with very tiny bits all over the tops of my legs. I have been using a prescribed steroid cream and shampoo in the summer and winter when it starts to get itchy, but the steroid cream has not being doing anything. It's summer time in the UK now and my legs have been so itchy today, it's so hard to not scratch it drives me mad. Can anybody please help me with what I can do to help clear it.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 19.18 by Summer

Hi Saoirse, I wish we had a magic wand, go back to your doctor and ask to try another treatment, loads out there it’s trial and error. Use plenary of moisturiser every day, Have a look at Aveeno products, bath in oatmeal that’s very calming on sink makes it soft, don’t suffer go back to the doctors, your cream may be aggravating your skin, on your head try loyon from boots, that moves the crust, then the shampoos can do a better job, Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us