Psoriasis and Diet

Posted Mon 14 Jun 2021 13.12 by Looch

Hi, after 15 years of suffering with psoriasis, I am at the end of my tether with scalp psoriasis which feels like I'm wearing a tight helmet at all times. I've been using dovovet on my scalp for some 8 years which does clear it (amongst pulling out a load of hair at the same time), but literally after 24 hours it's coming back. I'm a 32yr old female. I'm now going to put the effort in and try to change my diet and rule our foods which flare it up. I've just read previous comments about the keto. Can anyone else suggest anything else? Dairy / alcohol / sugar / tomatoes which may be worth ruling out? Thanks so much for reading

Posted Fri 25 Jun 2021 09.31 by Sue

Hi all i’ve been doing a lot of research over the years about people with psoriasis having a leaky gut which means certain food that we eat are not agreeing with us.I have a book that I bought a few years ago and it’s he’s written by a man called https://www.amazon.co.uk/Healing-Psoriasis-Alternative-John-Pagano/dp/0470267267. Please look it up it is quite interesting regards Sue

Posted Sat 24 Jul 2021 17.57 by nana

Directed particularly to Looch, A year ago I went on the Dr. Gundry diet which no one seems to have mentioned. It (along with undecylenic acid cleared up a terrible candidiasis of the mouth (which really was a leaky gut problem), but also the extreme flakiness of ears and also of head disappeared. A few raw psoriasis spots on legs and elbows still stubbornly persist so either it may take more time, or I'm still committing some dietary offense. Curing psoriasis is tricky because each of us is so unique. Gundry is similar to keto, but provides fiber, and leads you to eat "resistant" starches that feed the good gut flora and starve the bad guys, He has very easy "yes" and "no" charts to follow on his website, as well as podcasts and utubes, and also recipes which help make the transition. Hope you turn it around, Nancy

To take part, sign in or register with us