Help! On Holiday And The Sun Has Made My Psoriasis Worse.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 16.47 by OhNo_NotAgain?

It is quite possible that the Facor 50 suncream has cased this irritation/reaction, rather than 10 minutes in the sun (assuming that you were not in the noon sun and burned yourself). Another moisturiser/emmolient might make this worse or might contain something to which you are sensitive. Thinks I would try: - doublebase Gel, - calomine lotion, - somthing simple with aloe vera - cold milk (from the fridge, put it in a dish or saucer, and blot it onto the skin with cotton wool, allow to dry)

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 19.25 by Sarah

Hi,thank you for your reply... Yes it could of been the sun cream,I thought I was doing well getting a sensitivite factor 50 one and it was a baby product. It has put me off putting my legs in the sun now. I have used the calmine lotion and that is helping,glad you said Aloe Vera as that’s the next product I was thinking of buying. I’m just going to get a bottle now. Thanks again.

Posted Sat 7 Jul 2018 12.01 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Hi Sarah, I hope that you have found something to help you. One problem is that there are no legal or formal medical/scientific definitions regarding what can be described as "for sensitive skin" or "for baby". They are mainly marketing labels. The same is true of the phrase "all natural" or simply "natural", or "gentle". There were some gruesome photos in the media this week of someone's foot - they had applied fresh sliced garlic to try and treat a fungal nail infection- it had caused a very nasty chemical burn (possibly due to how long the person had kept it in contact with the skin) Even recommended emollients/moisturisers contain ingredients that SOMEONE might have a sensitivity to - not really an allergy, but it might trigger an allergic response or simply an irritation. eg some emollient/moisturiser products will contain lanolin, and some will not, but some people suffer a reaction to lanolin in products.

Posted Sat 7 Jul 2018 20.24 by Sarah

Hi,thanks for all your advice,the Aloe Vera is helping and the Calmine Lotion when it’s itchy. It’s so annoying as it’s never ending buying things that you think will help! I think I’ve tried everything! Many thanks again.

To take part, sign in or register with us