P is becoming extensive and steroid creams aren't effective.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 2018 17.36 by Hossman
Ex professional now retired due to ill health. I love motorcycles and the natural world, I am a dad and live with my partner/carer.

Hi, I'm new here and signed up after hearing about the Psoriasis association on the local BBC radio today. I've been suffering with P for 30+ years with a very brief remission fir a few months after being in a very severe road traffic accident from which I never fully recovered. Crazy how being on the trauma ward for 2 weeks cleared my P. It came back quickly. Atm it's probably the worst it's ever been. I have patches on my back, elbows, scalp, eyebrows, my groin and buttocks and legs. I rarely go out because it is so unsightly and I feel embarrassed and ashamed fir anyone to see or experience it. It means I have to wear clothes that completely cover my body but not my head. I'm shedding like crazy too. The skin on my back is very thin and I am concerned about the risks from P to infection also because I have internal prosthetics which are at risk from infection. My immune system seems to be in overload for the last 6 months. Hearing the radio feature today has broken my stasis and I need help. I've been given steroid creams and ointments for over 30years and I have found GPs are not supportive. I get the feeling they only want to prescribe cheap treatments. I have a lot of other very major health issues because of the accident. I am wondering where can I go to and find out what support I can get and information on things like the range of modern treatments. I had no idea other treatments were available until today until I listened to the local radio discussion. I am also the 24/7 carer for me lovely partner who suffers badly with her health too. I really am a rookie on treatments and therapies having spent the last 30 years just getting on with things. Now is the time for me to get something moving because I'm sick of the way I look and feel with my psoriasis.

To take part, sign in or register with us