Summer Time Nightmare!

Posted Wed 1 Aug 2018 19.00 by Sarah

Hi all,does anyone’s psoriasis get worse in the summer? Mine this year especially on my legs which are the worse area on my body have been a nightmare! Hot itchy and inflamed,it’s driving me mad! Any ideas what to do? Sarah.

Posted Thu 2 Aug 2018 17.36 by lindylou

Hi Sarah For the last ten years or so my psoriasis has reacted badly to the sun and become sun sensitive. As soon as I get any hot sun on my arms and legs it brings my psoriasis out. It does, however, disappear once the cold weather sets in and by Christmas has fully cleared up on my arms and legs without treatment. I bought a couple of rash guards which are like Bretton T-shirts. Athough the material is quite gross they do seem to do the trick in keeping the sun off my arms. I got mine from Lands End and they are certainly my go-to when we go on holiday in the Far East. Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 2018 12.37 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

I too suffer severe flare ups in the Summer. I have always had sun sensitive skin and it seems now that psoriasis develops whenever I’m abroad. I then end up in Sept back at the dermatology department. This year, my hands are badly affected which I hate. The plaque psoriasis on my body is really sore too. The GP today gave me Enstilar but I know that is only a temporary fix.

To take part, sign in or register with us