14 year old in need of support.

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 21.54 by Br.ill04 (edited Sat 4 Aug 2018 21.55 by Br.ill04)

I am a 14 year old boy, 5'10", 13Ib. I have had psoriasis since i was 12 but that was just mildly on the elbows. Since then, the psoriasis has gotten worse and spread throughout my back, legs and feet. I have a small patch on the knuckle of my left pinky finger. There is a rather large patch on the knuckle of my right big toe. My legs are covered with spots of psoriasis too. This is hard for me as it is summer time and I am not confident to show my torso and knees down. As a year 10 student I am starting to get worried because I dont think anyone will go to prom with me. This is slowly ruining my life. Can anybody sent some of their experiences and how they handled them to help me please?

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 22.27 by Eva M.
Girl. 28 years old. Suffered with psoriasis and scalp psoriasis for years until I discovered the magic that helped me get rid of mostly ever

Change your diet. Believe me. Its honestly probably the only thing that will help in the long run. I struggled with psoriasis on half my body and had severe scalp psoriasis that really made my life so miserable and a living hell. I tried everything doctors prescribed. I tried all kinds of shampoos and stuff like that. Nothing. If only it just made it worse and irritated it more. Stop eating all kinds of sugar, milk products, processed food, additives in food and drinks...read on the label on everything you buy to know what you consume. Eat clean food. Avoid eating much bread and meat to. It may sound hard if you eat all this...but believe me, if I could do it everyone can. It took me 2 years to change my whole diet and I struggled with stopping to eat sweets and sugary food. After I stopped my scalp psoriasis went away after 3 weeks. Im a girl and was almost bald because the psoriasis caused bad hairloss. I finally started to have my life back. I still get small flare ups that are pain in the ass, but atleast I know what cause them. I still have the cravings for chocoalte and pizza once in a while, so then I get bad flare ups that last for a week or two. But im good at eating clean and this way I keep my psoriasis mostly away now.

Posted Sun 5 Aug 2018 00.26 by Br.ill04

Thank you all so far. I am applying cream to it currently and it is helping but not enough. The brand is DiproSalic. I will try to change my diet. Again, thanks for helping.

Posted Sun 5 Aug 2018 02.50 by Peter

Hi, so sorry to hear of your condition. Yes diet is the most important...we are what we eat. I found it was easier for me to concentrate on eating more alkaline foods than acidic ones. Life is hard enough, than to have to add more burdens like completely changing your diet. Just try to eat food that still alive (ie fruit/veggies, etc) & not dead in a packet. I found it easier to put coconut oil bottle in the fridge, then chop it up to pieces that I could use to rub on to my dry skin. Because it's cold it lessens the itchiness as well. Then I can rub the area to reduce the itch, not scratch it. Hope this helps 😊

Posted Tue 7 Aug 2018 02.01 by Didler

I was the same age with the same issue the only advice I can give is keep up with the appointments at the hospital and what doctors tell you unfortunately nothing worked for me years ago but treatments have changed now for the better I was hospitalised which psoriasis at 15 but now on injections and living a happy life after all the bullying As I say just listen to the docs and they will find a solution 😊

Posted Fri 10 Aug 2018 17.47 by Shandieman

Go on Facebook and look up hanna sillitoe, you will find all the help u need in her book

Posted Sat 11 Aug 2018 16.45 by Originalbeany

Another thing that is very effective is blueberries i've been eating around 20 a day for 3 weeks and im clearing up i was around 99% covered due to a bad flare up this april gone and i was admitted to hospital due to my body going into shock and dehydration was given acitretin and cyclosporin none of them did anything for me but definitely drink lots of water to keep hydrayted.

Posted Sat 11 Aug 2018 16.48 by Shandieman

Yes I a will be eating blueberry every day aswell

To take part, sign in or register with us