Flare Up Help

Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 22.30 by alc97

I've suffered since I was 16, I had Phototherapy at 18 which helped a lot I'm now 21 and am experiencing the worst flare up I have had in ages I use Alphosyl shampoo which normally gets my scalp under control, but now it isn't helping and my skin is constantly dry and flaky As the weeks go on I'm getting more patches in new places - its now all on my front, back, private regions, even my eyebrows and ears! I wondered if anyone had any advice about what to do in flare ups and how to get them under control - its exhausting me trying to use different creams and having no luck. It really attacks my self confidence and the feeling of always being itchy is becoming unbearable especially at night. Does anyone have any advice about using Alphosyl as well - are there stronger coal tar shampoos out there, also could I be doing something to moisturize the scalp such as coconut oil?

Posted Tue 4 Sep 2018 18.16 by annie_8390
Hello, I'm Annie, and I have had psoriasis for 15 years. I am trying to heal my body naturally and help others do so too!

I feel like my flares were always caused by changes in my diet or routine. I saw my GP 2 months ago (she has psoriasis too) and she told me to drink plenty of water, get at least 30 minutes of sunshine a day, cut out refined sugars and processed foods, reduce stress, and she has me taking a pre/probiotic/vitamin supplement and using a topical probiotic lotion. I'm now 95% clear and feel so much better. I have a tiny stubborn patch on my left knee but it's slowly healing.

Posted Wed 5 Sep 2018 21.34 by Mike

Has anyone had experience of using “Skilarence” for psoriasis? Please describe any side effects suffered and how effective it is .

To take part, sign in or register with us