What are people’s experiences of Ciclosporin?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 2018 12.52 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

Having used various topical creams for years I was eventually referred to the hospital dermatology department. I was given light treatment and burned. I was then given METHROTREXATE and my stomach lining “burned” / became severely irritated. They now want me to try Ciclosporin , saying it will be gentler on my stomach. As I can’t take even aspirin or ibuprofen, I’m a little worried to say the least. I am currently continuing to experiment with diet. What are other people’s experiences of Ciclosporin?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 2018 14.27 by charmarr

Hi Essexgran.Ihad six months of hell developing Soriasis for the first time at the age of 68. I was lucky enough to be referred to a brilliant dermatologist who put me on Ciclosporin at my first appointment. The results have been life changing.Within five days I could see big improvements. I am now 99% clear.I was put on a high dose to start with.Nine months later I take 50ml a day The only thing is you have to have regular blood tests and kidney function tests because the ciclosporin affects the immune system. Your dermatologist should explain this to you. I would definitely recommend Ciclosporin. Hope this helps

Posted Thu 20 Sep 2018 13.27 by Essexgran

Thank you for your prompt reply. I’ve phoned the hospital to ask when my next appointment is likely to be and I guess I’ll try the Ciclosporin!

Posted Thu 20 Sep 2018 14.26 by charmarr

Good luck with your appointment. Please post how you got on.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 15.27 by mappaman
I am Gary and have had this horrible condition for more than 25 years and I am still suffering now !

Worked really well for me until dermatologist told me to stop using it, can`t remember why.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 15.48 by Essexgran

That sounds hopeful. Now all I’ve got to achieve is getting the hospital outpatient dept to answer the phone! You’ve got to laugh or you’d cry!

To take part, sign in or register with us