Severe depression due to psoriasis

Posted Sat 6 Oct 2018 12.51 by Leighb36

Hello everyone this is my first post so please be nice lol, I have suffered with psoriasis all of my life and have it on 95 percent of my body I'm 31 and the last few years it's really started to get to me in all fairness it's not just my skin that's getting me down I had a stillborn son on in 2011 and lost my mom in 2015 s0 it's not just my skin but it feels like it is atm I'm really worried that I'm going to lose my long term partner as I push him away alot as I have no confidence at all my doctor suggested talking to others in my situation to try and help so here I am sorry about the long post xx

Posted Sat 6 Oct 2018 21.03 by Jeanettey

Please do not let this get you down. You can fight it. Try to be strong. I am one of the lucky ones. I only have scalp psoriasis and it can be pretty bad in my ears. I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer in 2012 and survived it, I lost my father in 2005, 22 months later I lost my 7 year old niece, 22 months later I lost my Mum. Unfortunately I was never able to have children. My husbands grandmother is 111 (amazing) this month and is not too well so am not sure how long we will have her. My mother-in law is not well at all, my father-in-law has dementia. I try to keep positive as I still have my life and need to there to positive for them. I have been watching this forum since October last year after having a bad reaction to prescribed medication. After reading many messages I have tried allsorts. I now have found a mixture that works well for me. I use Evening Primrose oil and 'Purenature' maximum strength Biotin ( I started using this after I had Gastroenteritis and Pneumonia at Christmas after when my hair started to snap off ) this can be bought from Amazon, it is for Hair, Nails and Skin. I have settled for these two plus Dovobet gel which I plaster my head at least one day before I wash my hair and I now hardly need to use Diprosalic acid scalp application. I use coconut oil on a cotton bud for my ear psoriasis which I find the best. £4.50 from Asda in the cooking oil area. You have a lot of options out there and I am sure that you will find one that helps you. I am sure that my remedy will not suit everyone but it may be worth a try. I have been married to my husband for 18 years and we talk, We discuss our problems. Don't push your partner away, you need them. I know what I have said today will not help everyone but if I can help one person it will have been worth while. Good luck to you all. we all have a fight ahead of us. Some more than others but if we can keep giving our help and advise I am sure that we will all keep getting stronger

Posted Wed 10 Oct 2018 01.06 by Maz

Hi..I’ve had psoriasis for 40 years I’m 47 now.ive also had many treatments.my Dad was diagnosed terminally ill so I looked into CBD oil...I encouraged my dad to take it and just supporting my dad I thought I’d take it with him.my psoriasis isn’t angry anymore I’m wearing shorts and t shirts and this year was the first time to wear shorts out in the summer..CBD oil has helped my skin amazingly also I agree that vitamin d is great to take as well.i know buy the CBD capsules.i also suffer with fibromyalgia and even that seems a lot better.i still have bad days of course.i encourage anyone with psoriasis to try CBD I buy mine from Holland and Barrett.I have chronic psoriasis well I did I still have a few stubborn parts under my bust.but since I’ve used dovobet even that’s working on my psoriasis.give CBD a whirl with psoriasis you maybe shocked of the outcome and try to be positive I now don’t worry who does see my psoriasis if they don’t like who I am that’s their problem..

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2018 10.59 by badger07

Hi Leighb36 So sorry to hear your story, no guaranteed magic fix to offer but perhaps something you could try. I've suffered from both rosacea and psoriasis for 30 plus years. It affects legs, back hair face, ears etc, Over the years I've tried most creams and potions available by NHS and chemists. I thought that the way that my psoriasis spreads mimics how a skin infection would spread. My G.P scoffed at my observation and said Psoriasis is incurable its cause unknown and I should just accept it and use the creams and shampoos to minnimise damage. I thought I should try and prove if it was an infection of some kind triggering the psriosis so tried Tea tree oil and Gladskin roscia cream. These helped a little reducing redness but As I searched further I found that if it was a deep tissue or systemic infection than you needed a treatment that the body would absorb and skin creams just don't do that. So I looked for something with anti fungal and anti bacterial properties , that would treat the whole body, all layers of skin at once. I came across lots of sites that stated Apple cider vinegar had these properties and lots of people saying it had helped with their psoriasis. Recently I've been taking 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar twice a day in a large mug of water. This seems to be my tolerance limit as any more brings on acid reflux and acid indigestion (you don't want this as you will have to stop and then symptoms return). I take it with cold water as this numbs taste a little ( hot water seems to activate the acid and seems to attack teeth (or it feels that way)). It doesn't seem to matter if I take normal supermarket version or organic with the mother versions, both seem equally effective, I personally prefer the taste of either Sainburys or Aldi's own brands. The Result seems to be affected by skin thickness so thin skin areas like ankles cleared first, scaling sites of 72 mm by 100mm on both ankles cleared with normal skin replacing lesions. This was slowly followed by the rest of the body healing, the scalp (hair) and face are the slowest to react but even those are slowly returning to healthy skin. its taken 14 weeks so far but every day I notice improvements. Both my GP and dermatologist are dismissive and non supportive but don't lose heart remember these professionals admit they don't know what causes both rosacea and psoriasis and that their currently is no NHS cure for it. I only really care that it definitely works for me and I just pray that its effectiveness doesn't ever wear off. Hope this helps and that it works for you Best wishes Badger07

Posted Fri 19 Oct 2018 21.41 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi I'm so sorry you feel like this and we are all supportive of one another on here and all are in the same boat! It does have a life changing effect on us but we all cope in different ways. Do you see a dermatologist regularly? There are many very effective biological treatments that can be amazing and other not so strong ones that work differently for each of us. You sound like you could do with a heart to heart with your gp and see if he can help you. Life is cruel sometimes but can make us a stronger person. Im sure your partner doesn't see you how you think as beauty is only skin deep. Your personality is what really counts. I too have felt like this and had a good moan to my dermatologist until they helped me more.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 2018 07.51 by Leighb36

Hello aĺl sorry I haven't replied I didn't get any emails to say any one had replied. Anyway I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my post and, replied it means alot. I'm going to order some cbd capsules now and see how I get on with them. I am feeling better in myself for now my antidepressants are finially working thank God!! It's so good to be able to talk to people who are going through the same thing I am, people don't seem to understand the impact this horrible condition has on us. Anyway sorry for rambling on lol I look forward to future discussions with you all.😘😍

Posted Tue 30 Oct 2018 01.03 by Jefreedom

Hey guys and gals . I’m 42 and have had severe psoriatic arthritis since I was 11 . I have spent many years in flares, been hospitalized twice and probably should be now . I have fought with drug addiction and alcoholism since I was 17 because of it . Little back story I’m gay and well ya know how we can be . I’m from Oklahoma but lived in LA most of my adult life . Now that I’m back in Oklahoma we have very poor healh care here and now is the worst . I am 90% covered and have gone from plaque psoriasis to eruthrodermic (sp) and work 68 hrs a week and have really considered suicide . I start Cosentyx tommorrow and hope it works since all other biological stopped working on me since this dr here tried otezla . Which ruined me went from remission for 4 yrs to full on flare up in 2 weeks . Back to to Humira and it no longer works . I hope Cosentyx works if not I don’t know what I’ll do.

To take part, sign in or register with us