Propylene Glycol 40% in aqueous cream.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 2018 08.50 by Susan
Hi , I have Psoriasis on soles of feet and palms of hands ( not Pustular )

Hello I’ve been prescribed Propylene Glycol 40% in Aqueous Cream for use on the hard scaly skin the soles of my feet. I wondered if anyone else has experience of this treatment ? I’ve been using it for 18 months now and it certainly helps reduce the cracking and scales. I’m trying not to use the steroid creams and have decided not to take the Acitretin treatment ( yet) The cream is only available via hospital pharmacy, apparently it’s very expensive as has to be specially made up and does not have a long shelf life. I apply this cream in the morning and cover with cling film and cotton socks for a few hours ( can’t stand doing this at bedtime as my feet get too hot and itchy ) A clear liquid propylene glycol was once given to me as a ( cheaper? ) alternative once ,but I found this awkward to use so asked for the cream version again. ( Thought I could try and make my own emulsion of liquid PG and cream in a blender if the hospital stops my prescription.) Luckily I’m over 60 so don’t have to pay for my prescriptions. I don’t smoke and am alcohol free for October ...and probably beyond. BTW I’m going to try the blueberry therapy starting today .

To take part, sign in or register with us