Can anyone help on my medical notes please

Posted Sat 20 Oct 2018 13.03 by mummyof3monkeys84
I've suffered with plaque psoriasis for 6 years undergoing tests for psoriatic arthritis and Fibromyalgia

Hey everyone, I had a Rheumatologist that i saw a couple of years back and said because of my hurting and my joints are not so good and in a horrid amount of pain, i had MRI scans and X-rays but were all showing ok but she diagnosed me with Psoriatic arthritis. I left clinic as was scared due to my mental health (anxiety and panic attacks i refused treatment) Im now under a new Rheumatologist as im getting worse with my pain and Psoriasis and he says that he's going to get to the bottom of it all once and for all! sent me for X-rays and another MRI of my spine and pelvis, all its shown up as my T7/8 of my spine there is a small posterior disc bulge without nerve or root impingement. He told me on my first appointment he's putting it more down to Fibromyalgia? i had a blood test which he tells me in the report before my MRI that has come back HLA B27 positive? he also put in the letter that he has a feeling there could be a Fibromyalgia element to this? It says the MRI is normal of the whole spine without any inflammatory spondyloarthropathy. I have to see him again on the 22nd November but i was wondering does Psoriatic arthritis show anything with MRI tests? So sorry to ask all this and i hope it makes sense!! thank you for any advice im so grateful i really am!

Posted Fri 26 Oct 2018 08.54 by mummyof3monkeys84
I've suffered with plaque psoriasis for 6 years undergoing tests for psoriatic arthritis and Fibromyalgia

Hi Wednyloish, Thank you ever so much for your kind post. I’m due to see the rheumatologist 29th November so it will be nice to get some answers of what he makes of all this. The HLA-B27 was written in my notes as I had blood tests and he said she is postitive in this and therefore we should proceed another MRI. Thankfully the MRI hasn’t shown anything worrying (touch wood) I must admit I am sadly suffering a lot of Fibro symptoms. I’ve suffered anxiety and panic attacks for 15 years due to a hospital giving me the wrong injection and it went all wrong. So I’m worried about medication and things. I need to lose weight, 2 stone needs to be shifted so I’m Up to do that diet! I’m so pleased it’s helping you that’s amazing well done!! Thank you so much for getting back to me, I hope your new lifestyle change continues to get even better for you Charlotte

Posted Sun 28 Oct 2018 08.24 by mummyof3monkeys84

Bless you Wendy! I’ve been offered Methotrexate but I refused as all I’ve heard is horror stories of it all. To be honest scared of all the injections and tablets they offer. Your doing amazing with your diet! I really hope this blueberry eating will help me. I will most definitely look into FODMAP Charlotte

To take part, sign in or register with us