Diet and psoriasis

Posted Sat 27 Oct 2018 12.49 by delriley

Has anybody had any success with changing their diet to combat psoriasis.I have just embarked on a no sugar no dairy diet have only been on it four days.lts hard because everything you buy contains sugar...so you have got to stick.to all fresh produce...still l will persivere as l believe the answer lies in curing your gut...creams don't work for long.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 2018 08.03 by delriley

Hi Wendy Thanks for your reply.l found this diet through my own research as l believe anything you put on your skin is not going to help your autoimmune system has to be treated from the inside.l have also cut out tomatoes and white potatoes as they belong to the nightshade family and are known to irritate psoriasis.im a bit bored with it all already as l can't even have a curry as all sauces are tomato based.l find breakfast hard to as no dairy means no cereal.l have looked at a lot of the gluten free products but even they have sugar in them.l wish you luck and hope you see a big improvement soon.lf you have any suggestions about breakfast please let me know.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 2018 11.59 by Denissimo

I have been considering a psoriasis based diet, because my current flare up is worse than it has ever been before, and the pain keeps me awake every night. The problem I have, is that I am a type 1 diabetic, and after 5 long hard years, I have finally got my blood sugar levels under control.. Quite often, my blood sugar levels were at extremely dangerous high levels, and my doctor was concerned regarding possible kidney damage. I'm just worried that a complete change of diet will affect my sugar levels again.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 2018 21.03 by delriley

Hi Wendy Thanks for the advice.lhave found some no sugar almond milk that's ok for cereal.l understand that avoiding sugar altogether is hard but I'm trying to keep it as low as possible.Will keep persivering.

To take part, sign in or register with us