Can't cope, don't want to be here

Posted Wed 7 May 2014 21.28 by Pest84 (edited Fri 20 Feb 2015 12.45 by Rennixon)
Badly

Hi all I have had a few small patches on my upper arm and knees for a few years but it never bothered me. All of a sudden it appeared on the back of my hands and spread rapidly covers 90 % of the back on my thumbs a few fingers and my wrists. It is still spreading it seem every day. I am so worried about going out just to the shops has become a nightmare I feel so ashamed, as I can't hide the red skin it looks like I have been burnt. Without using the do abet and another cream it becomes scaly and cracks. Every day I'm feeling worse i just don't want to be here anymore I can't take this every day for the rest of my life. With it spreading and not getting better gives me no hope. I can't stop looking at it and think other people must notice it as it's so red. I feel I have become obsessed with it looking on the internet. For the short very few times I forget then see my hands and wrist it starts all over again. I just want to feel normal again. Sorry if I have repeated myself anywhere my head isn't in the best place. Sorry I have came here to share this but I feel maybe some people will understand what it's like to b where I am from the psoriasis. Mane some people have been where I am and have managed to get past it. Reading there is no cure really makes me feel worse. I know I should keep reading about it but I can't stop myself it's like I'm addicted, to read there is a way out. I just don't know how long I will last if I doesn't improve.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 2014 19.54 by Jillmickr
For over 30 years, am having the worst flare up ever

Know how you feel, I've suffered for 30 odd years, am having a real bad flare up, had lots of stress, but one thing I have been reading gonna try, that is no sugar, even in fruit (lucky I like veg) my daughters cleared up last year juicing fruit and veg and was quite successful, hang in there x

Posted Tue 7 Oct 2014 01.23 by Jonathonnicol1
Im 25 had psorasis for roughly 14 years, also have psoriatic arthritis and my nails keep falling off. But always keep your chin up some poor

I think the first thing you should do is try to keep calm,stressing out will only make it worse ( easier said than done i know).if you get a good cream and use it 2x a day you will soon notice a big difference.im 25 had psorasis since 11 very bad been on everything from creams to pills, im currently on dermovate been on it for a year and its stayed steady. Im having problems with psoriatic arthritis at the moment ive been in bed for weeks unable to move because of severe back pain and on tramadol constantly but the one thing to remember is to keep your chin up your not alone with this.

Posted Tue 7 Oct 2014 20.57 by stephaniebborow
As many others it's affected my confidence. I look forward to winter months so I can cover it up. It makes me feel unattractive and since be

I know exactly how your feeling. I've had psoriasis for 19 years and I am only 21. It now covers 60% of my body the main areas being fingers, hands, legs, all my arms my stomach, face and back. The last 7 years it's reached a new level and people constantly ask what has happened. I started to feel really low and depressed. Then day by day I got support and am slowly coming to terms with the condition. Keep your head up high. I know its hard but you can do this! No there is no cure but this is why these forums were created to help us help each other. You have nothing to ashamed of! Xx

Posted Wed 22 Oct 2014 10.06 by Thombears

I think most of us who have had severe breakouts all over their bodies have felt the way you feel but it DOES get better. I know it's easier said than done but try to remain positive and be strong. Talk to your GP about getting counselling.

Posted Sun 24 May 2015 12.41 by Dee
Huge mental deterioration triggered by unpleasant physical feelings from having psoriasis in a sensitive area

Hi there, I too, felt like you for almost a year. I have p in a very sensitive area and nothing has helped with the discomfort. Life was a daily cycle of tears, frustration and discomfort. I never wanted to take anti-depressants but my family eventually persuaded me that this is what I needed. I feel so much brighter now I am on them, the p discomfort is still there but it's easier to manage when your mind is clear - good luck

Posted Mon 22 Jun 2015 10.41 by gilligan
40 years

I have had psoriasis for 40 years and know how you feel. It will just go.I find mine is worse in summer and have discovered the sun makes it worse. I have had a very bad flare up recently on my face and hands and chest. I hav found Sudocrem which is a nappy rash cream is really good. Put it on at bedtime and Aveeno in day. It is helping me

To take part, sign in or register with us