Coping with bad flare ups

Posted Wed 28 Nov 2018 08.27 by Blueyes

Hello,I'm new to this forum. I've suffered with psoriasis for a number of years now,up until couple years ago it was only on my scalp then one year it completely spread all over with what I describe as pus blisters. It took ages for the doctors to say it was psoriasis. They put me on various medication and light therapy. It since calmed down but for the last month has come back with avengegence as is in all different places to usual (armpits, groin, top of the legs, hips,as well as stomach). I'm really struggling to cope with the pain, lack of sleep due to pain, every doctor I see doesn't know what to suggest to help. I'm currently being referred to the hospital again for biological treatment. My question is does anyone have any way of coping as I just feel really low all the time, and it's making me feel disgusting.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 2018 04.56 by Lisajohny543 (edited Fri 30 Nov 2018 04.56 by Lisajohny543)

Well said wendyloish

Posted Fri 30 Nov 2018 20.30 by Blueyes

Thank you Wendyloish. I've never heard if the FODMAP diet could u give me some more info please xx

Posted Sat 1 Dec 2018 19.41 by Will

I recently went to Brazil , and i went to a doctor with my worst flare up, he told me to cut out chicken,seafood,and sweets in my diet the Doctor also rubbed a crushed plant on my thick plaque,Omg!,after three days my psoriasis was gone. He told me his son had psoriasis, and he put him on the same diet, plus used the same crushed leaf on his psoriasis he has been clear for years. I am sorry to hear about your psoriasis condition, try a different diet, and look up healing plants from Brazil

To take part, sign in or register with us