Enjoying a bath?

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 21.17 by Lauren

Hi. I’m new to this and I was just wondering if it’s just me or others are the same. I currently have psoriasis on my calves which is pretty flared up and also on my arms which is quite bad. I do have little bits here and there as well. My main thing is when the skin tends to be quite thick no matter what I use in the bath. If I only had water in it’s exactly the same. I just find my skin to be so itchy. I sit in the bath and just scratch at my skin. It doesn’t sound very pleasant but then I do find that when I get out of the bath and I don’t have the flakey thickness to my skin and I’ve then moisturised I am a lot more comfortable sitting down and don’t get the itchy feeling. It’s a case of habit now that I do this because I also find that when I’m taking my jeans off or socks off I’m not just flaking skin wherever I am stood. I was just wondering if this seems normal and anybody else can relate.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 21.54 by Jeannette50

Have you tried oatmeal bath? I did this for eczema (on my arms). Use organic oatmeal. Tie in a stocking and tie under the hot tap while you run the bath. You can also squeeze the stocking and use the 'lotion' that comes out direct onto the skin. I think it will help remove plaque and soothe the skin. It did wonders for my eczema. I think many of these skin conditions are related in complex ways.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 09.53 by Lauren

No I haven’t. I’ll give it a try thank you

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 18.08 by andrewbulister (edited Mon 4 Feb 2019 17.59 by andrewbulister)

I am very sorry for you. Try a bathroom with needles. I also read that stress can greatly worsen this situation: tonusjournal.com/brain-health/12-best-brain-foods-for-breakfast/. We must support each other and help in difficult times!

To take part, sign in or register with us