I hate this!

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 2.34pm by wy_chrls

I hate this. I have tried many things and nothing works. Here it is, winter, and I feel like I am snowing everywhere. I live bits and pieces of me behind everywhere I go. I just feel disgusting. I look everywhere...in my car, home, bedroom and I am embarrassed.

All the meds I have taken make me sick, and since I am in IT and touch all kinds of keyboards and mice I cannot afford to lower my immune system. I lifted up my sleeve to look a my watch and I snowed everywhere.

Does anyone have any tricks or anything over the counter that I can use to stop flaking?

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 6.57pm by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 24 Jan 2019 6.42am by OhNo_NotAgain?)

The only thing I can think of is frequent mosturising of the skin. I use Doublebase Dayleve Gel - I prefer it over the standard Doublebase Gel.

When I have a bad flare-up last year, I applied moisturiser every 30 minutes or so.

Different people swear by different moisturisers - eg some use Aveeno.

Have you considered long sleeved cotton/silk underwear? Something that fits snugly (but not as tight as burns garments) MIGHT reduce the flaking (reduce the amount of flakes falling off during the day), I have not tried it myself.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 2019 1.40am by Jenaf1

Skin so soft by Avon helped me a bit, it’s a spray so no rubbing in and having that slightly icky feeling. I know how you feel, I had a black fabric steering wheel cover and used to give myself the boak when I saw it (I’m Scottish btw so that means feeling a bit sick, if you didn’t get that 😀) aveeno Hand cream for me is an absolute godsend. You can get that on proscription if you’ve been diagnosed with a skin condition.

The thing that used to get me (and still does) is that I’m in sales and to welcome, seal a deal or say goodbye is a handshake. People don’t understand that I can’t cos it really hurts me. I do shake hands but I have been told “you have a really girly, weak handshake. You need to work on that.” That really hurt my feelings (and my hands)

Posted Fri 25 Jan 2019 6.08pm by cazzie

hi.

I got shares in dirt buster hand held hovers lol..

oh god I sit in a taxi and have to quickly push the flakes off , he gives me a quick look in the rear view mirror properly thinks … cheeky moo my car ant dirty...

i love and use daily hourly if I could "soap and glory body butter it smells so nice and rich it tames the flaky beast for a while.. its from boots.

my family no where I am in the house ...follow the flakes and she will be found...

cant play hide and seek with the grandbabies … to easy to find me …

hugs every1

Posted Sat 25 Jul 2020 5.27pm by MarkUltra (edited Sat 25 Jul 2020 5.29pm by MarkUltra)

nice <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car</a> !

Posted Tue 28 Jul 2020 8.24am by PatrickSnow

I don't understand how you can live with such feelings.

Posted Sat 1 Aug 2020 1.28pm by J squires (edited Sat 1 Aug 2020 1.32pm by J squires)

Hello I have just joined this I am a new member. So sorry to hear about your skin but please be cautious of the skin so soft spray It made my skin flare up but then the Avon 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner is ok for my scalp it's hit and miss what the individual can use. My Psoriasis is from my chest up and at the minute is really bad and so sore on my neck, face and scalp I am not on medication I was on methotrexate years ago but it made me ill so I stopped it I use umguentum cream as a wash on my face and then we a moisturiser but as I say everyone is different a d different products may help some but not others sorry to be so vague on that but it's true.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.