Long term topical steroids

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 00.34 by Jeannette50

I won't make a comment on this just to let you know that this: Generalized pustular psoriasis is basically infection in the heart muscle. Here is the google page blurb: Side effects due to topical steroids (TS) are more prevalent than systemic reactions. .... Perioral dermatitis occurs in females on the face and is caused by long term ... and may even precipitate unstable or severe generalized pustular psoriasis. 2014 Publication: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4228634/

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 09.10 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 23 Jan 2019 10.21 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

There is a good reason why it is generally advised by Doctors and in Patient Leaflets not to use topical steroids on the face (without specific medical guidance). This has been the case since at least 1980 when I first developed psoriasis all over my body, including the face. Looking at my latest tube of ointment and the various medical websites this advice is still the same. If a doctor does advise to use a particular steroid, you should follow their guidance and not over-use it or do not use it for longer than you were advised.

To take part, sign in or register with us