Treatment at a thai clinic

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 12.31 by glenncurrie

Hi all, first ever post! My partner wants to try a Thai clinic that's does wonders for psoriasis as since she was pregnant it is 90% over the body and can cause discomfort and itchiness. I know there are lots of promises/ experts in this field ! http://jaratsak.blogspot.com - has anyone used this clinic and has anyone heard of the products he uses. Its a long way to go and she wants to not use any drugs that are recommended to get the light treatment as the skin is to red. She has been on a strict diet and its under control with no flare up but its not going away. Not nice seeing her unhappy and lucky she is strong. Thanks for any advice Glenn 07761577001

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 14.17 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Personally I would not risk any treatment (especially for someone who is pregnant) unless it is in a strongly regulated environment - which Thailand is not. I can imagine it is distressing, but while pregnant the body's hormones and immune system is likely to be all over the place.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 14.20 by glenncurrie

Hi Thanks for the reply, Kenny was born September 4th 2018 apologies I should have said and the psoriasis was supposed to clear after a few months but just stayed. All the wonder treatments out there and its hard to know what's best. I will be lucky if someone does see this post and recommends the Thai clinic.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 2019 12.35 by Row79

Hi, I had slight psoriasis before I was pregnant and then it came back 100% worse after I'd given birth, so I know how your partner must be feeling. Its horrid to feel that everyone you meet is looking at your skin. I've had children point at me when I've taken my son swimming and I've heard them ask their mom 'whats wrong with that ladies skin'. I know they are only children, but it really affects your confidence. I wish scientists could test for whatever hormones are in your body when pregnant and then replicate them, as being pregnant obviously stops it from appearing. I have been on Methotrexate for 10 years and although it has kept it from getting worse, its not got any better, so we are now looking at other treatments like Ciclosporin or Humira injections. I'm hoping that one of these will suit me better than Methotrexate. I hate to say it, but I've had to accept that its never going to go away, and I just have to not let the comments affect me when I hear them. I also find it good to tell people what it is when I see them looking. No one is nasty enough to say anything horrible once you said what it is. They feel embarrassed more than I do. Please tell your partner to try and stay positive and just keep trying different treatments/creams as something is bound to suit her...its just finding the right one.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 2019 11.18 by andyh

I'm in Thailand at present, went to Bumrungrad to see if anything different would be offered, compared to the US. I've used 'most' of the topical prescription drugs with varying success. They all seem to have drawbacks, as I'm sure you're aware. I was given a compound of Clobetasol and Salicylic acid 5% in a cream, and had fantastic results. 3 of the largest spots had disappeared in less than 2 weeks. We'll see what the future hold. Talconex worked, never to the extent that this has, and made the skin so thin. Clobetasol never had the results of the combination of Clobetasol & Salicylic acid. HTH

To take part, sign in or register with us