Psoriasis cookbook

Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 10.12 by McSwaggerty

This is my first post here. I have been suffering from Psoriasis for almost 20 years, l generally just live with it between Phototherapy sessions at the NHS every couple of years. However, l have started to look deeper into it and have recently bought a book called Dr John's healing psoriasis cookbook - by Dr John O. A. Pagano. It's a fairly comprehensive book, listing what to eat and what not to, daily recipes, information etc. Although it's going to be a bit hard going following what he suggests, l am going to give it a go, as l have nothing really to lose and all his recipes seem very healthy anyway. Just wondering if anybody here is aware of this book.... or bought it themselves, given it a try and if following his advice and recipes had any success in treating their Psoriasis

Posted Fri 28 Feb 2020 06.00 by SuzyQ

Hello McSwaggerty, I'd be interested to know how its going following this diet. Is it making any difference yet? Sue

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 18.08 by Jane

Just a question have you tried not drinking Alcohol ? not tried the book but have tried a number of cream and routines that have helped.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 2020 16.35 by Kim

I'm reading his other book at the moment (Healing Psoriasis The natural Alternative, Dr John Pagano) and found the part about leaky gut interesting. Not use the recipes from this book yet but I have changed my diet and I am eating healthier, gluten free, dairy free and blander foods which has helped. I'm eating more fruit and veg and keeping a food diary. Noticed some food eaten by others with psoriasis are OK but not for me, so my food diary comes in handy.

To take part, sign in or register with us