No scaling but red blotches

Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 11.49 by Tkg60

After using calcipotriol /betamethason my silver scaling has almost disappeared and the itching reduced greatly. But I'm left with red blotches. Will they fade eventually or is there something I can use to help get rid of them

Posted Mon 4 Feb 2019 14.46 by Peter S (edited Mon 4 Feb 2019 14.49 by Peter S)
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

The red blotches are where the skin is still affected and liable to flare up. When I first got psoriasis on my scalp, I had red blotches going a third of the way down my forehead. I got given Calcipotriol for my scalp...and Dovobet for the rest of me....and was told only to use the Caclipotriol on my scalp. But I found Calcipotriol quite useless, plus the bottle of it doesn't last long. So I started applying tiny amounts of Dovobet to my forehead and it worked wonders.....in fact it works wonders on my eyebrows and ears which get scaled quite badly. I literally apply a tiny amount once a fortnight ( not every day ) and it keeps the scales at bay. Dovobet does not work that well on the hairiest areas, but for areas like forehead it is way better than Calcipotriol alone. Plus a bottle of Dovobet lasts just about for ever...its amazing how the stuff just seems to last.

Posted Mon 4 Feb 2019 15.28 by Tkg60

Thank you for that. I will ask for dovobet

To take part, sign in or register with us