Pa on one side of the body only???

Posted Fri 8 Feb 2019 1.11pm by souxies

Hi everyone.

Does anyone suffer with pa only on one side? I have symptoms of pa that started years ago but are much worse recently. The strange thing is that only my left side seems affected.

I have shrugged my sore joints off for years as only one at a time would be affected intermittently but its now my toe, knee, hip and elbow sometimes all at once. My arm feels very weak and its a struggle to hold my phone to my ear for example.

Do you feel pa in your muscles aswell?

I also have dry eyes alot and my left one has been watering since weds!

Any advice would be appreciated and i do have a doctor's app on weds but should i ask for an referral to a rheumatologist?

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 2.23pm by Batmother

Hi Souxies I am very new to the forum and noticed no one has yet come back to you with anything so thought I might share my experience(s). I was diagnosed with PsA (I don't have and have never had the skin lesions, unusual I know but not unheard of) and at the start for a few months it was also my left side of body only, however after a few months it started to affected the right hand side but almost like a pin ball machine ie left ankle, right knee, left shoulder, never two joints ie both elbows at same time if that makes sense. I also get pain and swelling along tendons and ligaments along with muscle aches/pains but not all the time, not forgetting the dog tired feeling that accompanies all this. I have heard if can cause inflammation in the eye but touch wood not yet for me , but never say never with this devil of a condition. I hope your appointment proved fruitful with the GP and you will have been referred to a rheumatologist - best wishes to you.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.