Stable psoriasis

Posted Thu 14 Feb 2019 22.31 by joe
50%-ish psoriasis coverage, scalp, elbows, shoulders, back, stomach, calves, toes

Hi all, People with psoriasis and treatment related articles often seem to talk about psoriasis flare ups, what causes a flare up and how to avoid that happening. My own experience over the last 30 years has been a slow gradual spread of psoriasis over time. I generally see a skin condition improvement in the summer months and a return to my similar previous state after the summer. Over the years I've never seen any fast flare ups followed by fast reversal recovery. I was just wondering if anyone else has non-flaring psoriasis symptoms similar to mine. Thanks!

Posted Sun 24 Feb 2019 12.17 by psoriasis123

I do very much, the cold acts an inflammatory and so does extreme heat aswell. But sunlight could help because it contains vitamin d and UV radiation which is good for anti - inflammation. You could ask your doctor about getting UV treatment. But there are other ways to stop flare ups, being a healthy weight (as fat has pro inflammation qualities) and keeping stress free (this is scientifically linked) Also diet, like eating Kale and Berries might have a difference, this is not scientific so I wouldn't listen to it but its worked for me to some extent and even if it's just a placebo theres no harm in eating Kale and berries

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 16.12 by joe (edited Mon 25 Feb 2019 16.13 by joe)
50%-ish psoriasis coverage, scalp, elbows, shoulders, back, stomach, calves, toes

Thanks psoriasis123, it's good to know that how my skin behaves is not an anomaly. Personally I'm not too keen on traditional treatments and medicine any more. I'm trying to heal myself from the inside out by cleaning up my diet and changing life long poor eating habits. It's not easy but in a relatively short time I've had success with my joint pain and general body pain reducing a lot and that is really spurring me on to continue.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 17.00 by psoriasis123

thats good, have you tried turmeric tea it works really well, turmeric, boiling water, honey and black pepper it not very nice but it really helped me.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 18.03 by joe

I've not tried making turmeric tea but I do dump a heaped teaspoon of organic turmeric with a dash of black pepper into the blender every morning along with celery, spinach, apple, mint and pineapple + filtered water. This lot probably doesn't sound like a very nice mixture but it doesn't taste bad at all to be honest. I'm a big turmeric fan, I'm sure this is a key ingredient in my morning smoothy that is getting my knuckles and wrists feeling reasonably normal again. It's worked so well that I've stopped taking pain killers. I've got manuka honey here, I'll give your tea a go.

To take part, sign in or register with us