Inverse Psoriasis

Posted Sat 2 Mar 2019 11.49 by Seagulltoo

Hello All, I am keen to hear from anyone suffering from Inverse Psoriasis. I have had mild plaque psoriasis on knees and elbows for 30 years but since 2015 I have had flares of Inverse Psoriasis which is incredibly difficult to control. I have tried all sorts but now I use Protopic 0.1% and Dovobet. I look forward to hearing from you, regards, Dave

Posted Fri 13 Sep 2019 17.04 by Chancery

I just went to my doc's today with suspected inverse p, but was not believed. I have a 'rash' round my eyes, on my collarbone, in my vaginal area and my nipple. The nipple cleared up with hydrocortisone, but all the other areas keep recurring. I believe I have psoriatic arthritis and have had it for some years without a rash. How/where does yours manifest itself? Mine is just red raised patches, with slightly flaky skin. I was told today it couldn't be psoriasis because it doesn't occur on faces or round eyes, and because it wasn't the plaque form but I don't believe those things are true. I have a rheumatologist's referral. I'm hoping they will be more open.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 2019 10.38 by Seagulltoo

Hi Chancery, I tend to get around neck, collar bone, between my legs and underneath my arms. I think it is where there is irritation, either due to skin rubbing skin, or clothes rubbing skin and in hot and sweaty areas. For me the rash is pinkish/red but not flaky at all. I also have it on the face and around the eyes. I can have it anywhere on the body when extremely bad.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 2019 19.48 by Chancery

That is very reassuring to hear, Dave. I was very depressed after I left the doc's and came back and checked photos on Google and found some of people with it on their eyes, so it definitely does occur there. I tried to explain that because of glasses and a problem I have with Flushing, it can get very hot and moist there, but he wasn't having it. Also not everyone has the plaque variety of psoriasis so I thought that was a bit ignorant too. I tried to get some different types of cream from him but he only wanted to give me steroid cream. He said that the 0.5 mild version doesn't carry a risk of thinning, but I feel uncertain of that, putting it on eyelids and genitals. What do you use on tender spots? I asked for Analogue D cream for my face and, I think, Calcineurin, it was called, for the genital area, but he wasn't having it. Also do you have arthritis with it, or nail problems? It was those that actually alerted me to maybe having psoriatic arthritis. I have foot pain, ankle tendonitis and knee, hip and very bad back pain, top to bottom. It's really impacting my life, hence me finally going to the doc with it. He thinks I'm just getting old and it's a bunch of coincidences. I felt he wasn't really familiar with inverse, his knowledge of psoriasis was all the plaque variety. I have thickened discoloured toe nails on the foot with the arthritic pain. They say that commonly happens. Anyway, he is doing a rheumatologist referral for me, so hopefully a rheumatologist will have a better range of knowledge and not just try and dismiss me as an aging hysterical woman!

To take part, sign in or register with us