Hello! Xx

Posted Sun 3 Mar 2019 22.08 by Equine_Lucy06

Hiya my name is Lucy, I am a teenager who has recently been diagnosed with gateau psoriasis currently my self asteem as dropped significantly as the psoriasis has spread to my scalp causing it to be flaky and 'ugly' to kids at school further more its on my neck, face, chest ect which people have seemed to noticed during P.E as they stare directly at the patches making me feel more uncomfortable than I already am. After all of that nagging I'm looking for recommendations for creams/oils that are suitable for use on face and neck as I've been using a cream 3 times everyday and there is no improvement, if you can recommend something I would be forever grateful thank you for reading and hope you have a great day - Lucy xx

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 22.44 by Daisy P

Hiya Lucy, I’m new to this forum thing...I just saw your post and wanted to reply because I know how hard it can be to deal with something like this when you are a teenager especially! I’ve had psoriasis since I was 16 and am now 31....it’s something you kind of learn to live with and once you have found the right way to treat your skin you can definitely get this under control :-) I would recommend going to your GP and telling them how you are feeling and asking them about different ways to treat the psoriasis that could be available to you. The face and neck is a very delicate area so it’s best to try and avoid steroids there...so is say try to get a really good moisturiser...I currently use Epaderm...not on my face but my body and it’s very thick. I also use dovobet gel on my scalp (this is a stronger steroid) so it could be worth looking at things like cocois ointment which is coal tar based and a coal tar shampoo first of all? Also you can’t beat good old natural sunlight this helps a lot and I’m Sure you will see that a lot by reading threads on here. I hope I haven’t gone on to much and the advice I’ve given is helpful. I wish I had someone to tell me more about psoriasis when I was a teen. Please don’t worry about what others think either...be happy and good luck xx

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 21.51 by Andy14

Hi, I have suffered from plaque psoriasis for quite a few years now. I have slight patches on my cheeks just under my eyes. So I can understand where you are coming from with the feeling self confidence side of things. I would strongly recommend going to your gp and see if you can be transferred to se a dermatologist. I am currently using Enstilar, Daivobet and Diprosalic whilst taking methotrexate. If you can ask you gp about Daivobet and Enstilar as they have worked really well for me. Hope this helps Andy

To take part, sign in or register with us