Guttate Psoriasis

Posted Thu 4 Apr 2019 23.07 by Hollie07

My dads also discussed this with me but they’re so expensive. But like you say in the long run it could be worth the money. I’ve always had psoriasis just a few patches here and there with a flare up. But this is out of control and all because I had strep throat at Xmas. I feel like mine is definitely going to last the 6 months to a year because I’m on my 4th now. Just a shame it’s coming up to summer too.

Posted Thu 4 Apr 2019 23.24 by Darren S
I’m in my late 40’s, married with three kids. Had my first and only flare in Jan 2018. Just living with it now.

I just feel like there is no end, to it, I’ve got older patches that are very pale pink with no plaque at all, which leads me to think, they are getting better, but then I have lots of newer angry red dots on my arms and legs. I feel like no matter how well I eat, moisturise, sleep etc, new patches and spots are appearing. It’s never ending and it depresses the hell out of me.

Posted Thu 4 Apr 2019 23.52 by BobbyJovi96

I've found coffee triggers my flare ups quite bad, haven't had a cup in a month and haven't had a bad flare up, anyone else experience coffee as a trigger?

Posted Fri 5 Apr 2019 02.14 by EmmaBee

warren s - the photo therapy will work, once you have it under control you can then determine a maintenance schedule to keep it that way. I had to pay a deductible every time I went to the doc for photo therapy initially, then I just paid $25 a month for a tanning salon membership and it's much cheaper. Since the blueberries are working like a miracle for me, I haven't had to use the tanning beds. Honestly I hate tanning beds, but if drugs were the alternative, I'll take the bed. Stay with it and I'm sure youll see improvement soon.

Posted Fri 5 Apr 2019 08.28 by BobbyJovi96

I know your supposed to stop drinking alcohol and smoking completely but as a young 23 year old, this will be too hard lol i would only drink and smoke on a saturday night out, this would be ok still?

Posted Fri 5 Apr 2019 10.23 by Hollie07

Not really. I drank a couple of weeks ago and my P flared up so bad. It just depends on how fast you want to heal and whether you can take the flare ups. For me it definitely isn’t worth the pain but I understand it’s diffuclt for your social life. When I was in remission I was fine drinking but during flare ups it’s just a big no no. I’m 26 so I understand how fustrating it is on your social life. I’m constantly restricting myself on foods and it’s just so depressing.

Posted Fri 5 Apr 2019 11.01 by BobbyJovi96

See i think i got lucky with my condition because I've never been in pain with it or experience very little itchyness.

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2019 01.25 by _KayS

Hi guys, thanks for the support❤️ Things have gotten better, patches have turned into pale patches which is much better than red angry looking ones, unfortunately I woke up with apart of my chest covered with little red spots a look I'm familiar with. I can't help but feel like when things are getting better something like this happens. Does anyone know from experience if this could be a flare up? Or could this be the rebound stage from steroids? (I stopped gradually using the steroids 2 weeks ago) and if this is a flare up how long do they last? And does it spread? It's currently on my chest and neck. I understand your pain BobbyJovi96 I used to go out with my mates every Friday or Saturday we'd normally be drinking but I've avoided it for a month now and I miss it and it isn't the same when everyone is drunk and your sober although I did drink alcohol 2 months into my guttate psoriasis and I believe it only flared up my face patches but everyone's different I suppose. Also wondering if anyone's try taking probiotics?

Posted Sun 14 Apr 2019 20.27 by BobbyJovi96

Hi everyone So I have been using this new supplement called Advanced Tumeric from Autoimmune Institute which also contains BioPerine. Have been using it a week tomorrow and omg guys i think ive found the perfect all natural supplement to help put this nasty disease into remission or possibly get rid of it all together because my condition has has now turned into slightly pale marks, and my skin has nearly returned to it smooth soft surface. It comes in a tub of 120 capsukes. I 100% highly recommend this!

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 10.26 by Hollie07

Hi thanks for sharing! I’m from the UK, where can you get this from? I’m desperate now. On month 5 now with no signs of it getting better as when I stop using enstilar it comes back twice as bad :(

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 12.14 by BobbyJovi96

Hi Hollie07, If you type into google autoimmune institute you'll see their website, once your in it look for the Advanced Tumeric product. They have loads of other products available i.e vitimins etc. All natural supplements as well. Hope you find this helpful because it has helped me and its only been a week today since i started using it!

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 15.12 by Hollie07

So has it made your patches better? Mine cover 90% of my body. Worst on my legs. Go on holiday in 3 weeks and just want to feel a bit more confident. I’m worried people will look at me and think I’m disgusting or have a disease :(

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 16.23 by Darren S (edited Mon 15 Apr 2019 16.46 by Darren S)
I’m in my late 40’s, married with three kids. Had my first and only flare in Jan 2018. Just living with it now.

Hi All, Had my first bout of photo therapy today, all 13 seconds of it 😂. I’m back on Weds then Friday, and it’s going to be three times a week for 10-12 weeks they said. The nurse was lovely, as I had a ton of questions. She said that by week 10, I could be in the cabinet for five minutes at a time, and not to expect to see any real difference until week 3-4. Ive got Guttate all over me, thankfully my face and scalp escaped. I’ve been prepping like mad for this therapy, cut right down on alcohol, I didn’t like that part!! Eating blueberries, good skin care in moisturising twice a day,. I’ll keep you all posted.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 18.24 by BobbyJovi96

Hollie07 if only i could send a photo of my current state, you wouldn't even think i had it! All thats on me now is these pale wee marks, Its cleared it up so well

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 18.49 by Hollie07

BobbyJovi96 Well I’ve had to order myself some. I just can’t deal anymore! I’m 26 and I’m having to buy clothes that hide my whole body just so it’s not showing. All this because of a strep throat. I thought it would be gone after a month. Onto month 5 now. I’ve tried everything. Blueberries didn’t work for me. Neither has cutting gluten and diary out. Just hope this works for me! I’ve been waiting 2/3 months for a hospital appointment. I don’t want to be put on any of the medication that I’ve read about either.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 22.46 by BobbyJovi96

Hollie07 i really hope it works for you! I actually got my letter for my hospital appointment after 2 months of waiting last week lol don't know if i should still go or not, its not until the 7th May and with the way this is healing i might not have anything to show the Doc! Lol

Posted Thu 18 Apr 2019 16.03 by CharlieJ1

Hi! I just came across this from browsing some forums and thought i should reach out to say that i had really horrendous guttate psoriasis too! I was covered from head to toe and it was the most horrendous experience. I remember having so many 'plaques' across the front of my stomach that they would bleed and i couldn't even tie the rope around my dressing gown as it would hurt too much! I tried absolutely everything, coating my body in coal tar solution, every steroid cream and topical cream under the sun and just nothing worked. I was referred to a dermatologist (which took about 15 months!!) and eventually i was prescribed phototherapy. I had 10 weeks of treatment and went threee times a week and it COMPLETELY cleared my skin up. I haven't had it back since and i honestly can't recommend it enough. It helped me so so much and hopefully it could help you too! Hope you find something that works as i know how much it can impact your everyday life!

Posted Thu 18 Apr 2019 19.43 by MKA

I can not believe they can’t find a cure for this, things are so advanced these days aswell!! I broke out with GP 3/4 weeks ago last week the doctors told me it was GP they gave me exorex and said it will be controlled in two weeks I’m on my second bottle and there’s no signs of anything getting better! Maybe im being impatient! I wash in tar coal and use exorex and exorex moisturiser no sign of it going down! My stress levels are all over the place I’ve gone back to work to take my mind off it and started meditating at night trying my best to keep my mind off it and get my stress levels down!

Posted Fri 19 Apr 2019 14.17 by Darren S

Hi All, I finished my first week of UVB treatment today. So far I’ve spent a whopping 47 seconds under the lights. I have terrible GP, from my feet to my neck. My skins looks like red leopard print. After a week of treatment m, I must admit my redness is now the colour of sunburn, and the patches themselves feel flatter. I’m really hoping this works. The most frustrating this is the hour and a half round trip to and from the hospital for less than 20 seconds of treatment.

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2019 08.32 by mazza

i started out with a flare up of guttate psoriasis after a stressful time at work as soon as confronted the situation istarted with spots 2 days later iam covered head to foot only face not covered this stresses u out more as body goes from spots tofull blown psoriasis . tried the steriod creams derma cream .luckly i was able to go away 4 2 weeks thatas helped loads as sun as always been a cure for me so now im home trying diff moisturisers as its not so angry red its scaly now so whats the best one to use pls . i do find calpsol shampoo great to use a bubble bath and shower gel it calms it down and helps with itching . its started feb 15th hoping now its on its way out .

To take part, sign in or register with us