Guttate Psoriasis

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2019 12.49 by Hollie07

I tried the tablets BobbyJovi96 recommended and after 2/3 days my psoriasis is a lot less red and raised. My legs are 100% better. This is the only think that’s worked for me so far. I ran out of enstilar and normally it comes back worse but after taking these tablets I’d highly recommend the turmeric tablets!

Posted Mon 22 Apr 2019 18.24 by BobbyJovi96

Hollie07 im so glad they worked for you!

Posted Mon 22 Apr 2019 19.41 by MKA

Hi bobbyjovi96 Would Holland and barrat turmeric capsules work the same you reckon ??

Posted Mon 22 Apr 2019 20.02 by BobbyJovi96

Hi MKA I would say they should do, like its the tumeric that helps. Just make sure there is black pepper extract in it as that what makes it easier for the stomach to handle. Only reason i went for the autoimmune tablets was all the reviews i saw impressed me and i wanted to give it a try and glad to say they work! Now i will say DO NOT expect your GP to Completely go away as i still have a few marks but the redness and scaley skin has went away and i have smooth almost clear skin again! Hooe it helps

Posted Mon 22 Apr 2019 22.14 by MKA

Thanks for the reply bobbyjovi96 I’m happy with a few marks just aslong as as the majority go away, my sisters getting married end of May I need it to look settled for then, fingers crossed it works for me to

Posted Sat 27 Apr 2019 09.24 by MKA

Wondering if any one can help me I have dry skin on the side of my face and dead skin cells in my hair guessing it’s for my GP Anyone got any tips ?

Posted Wed 1 May 2019 17.11 by _KayS

Hi all, my GP has gotten much better unfortunately I have been diagnosed with inverse psoriasis which isn't great, I'm constantly itchy but taking antihistamines. Just wondering if anyone has any luck with getting rid of the marks? My patches aren't scaly anymore but instead just marks of discolouration all over my body and a purple colour on my legs. Just worrying about how much longer I can get away with long sleeve iteams and jeans. x

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 20.28 by BobbyJovi96

Hi all just an update on my condition. So thankfully i am pretty much 95% clear from having this horrible disease! The advanced tumeric that i recommended last time i was on here deffo worked its charm and then when i went to the hospital referral i was given coal tar to help the remaining marks on my body. However I have noticed that after I'm finished a workout where my body temp is sky high, the marks where i had it comes back a bit red, is this normal? Sort of freaking me out abit thinking its coming back but once i cool down they fade away again. Again im not sure if this is normal?

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 23.02 by Hollie07

Hi bobby, I’ve also experienced this issue. I went on holiday and my legs have red scars where the psoriasis cleared. So now I have red dots/bruise like marks everywhere. I’m guessing they’re just scars? I think they will go eventually. I think when it’s heat applied to it.

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 23.08 by Lauz329

Hi all, not posted on here fir a while as I started to clear up and just been so busy! So around a month ago around 70% had cleared but sadly last week I noticed it creeping back again. I’m still not as bad as I was but it’s still come back which I’m obviously upset about. Anyone else had this?

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 23.15 by Hollie07

Yeah exactly the same. Went on holiday and it cleared up. However not due to sun as the weather was poor but I realised my trigger must be stress. I’ve come back to work Wednesday and it’s already come back on my first day. Really don’t know how to handle it as I can’t just not go to work

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 23.17 by Lauz329

Sorry to hear that Hollie. I too think it’s stress related as mines coming back from having to move house plus interviews for a new job. I’m hoping once I’m settled in my new place it’ll start to calm down again

Posted Thu 16 May 2019 23.32 by Hollie07

Well I’ve revently bought some CBD oil. I used it for the first time last nuhuy and it made me really relaxed. Very difficult to destress. I find with exercise it makes it worse as wearing gym clothing is tight and irritates it.

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 13.41 by Margyb (edited Sat 18 May 2019 13.44 by Margyb)

Hello, I'm so glad I've found this group. I've had psoriasis since I was about 9 and I was known as 'the girl with the greasy hair' in my teens as my Dad had to apply a coal tar ointment to my scalp every day. I was then prescribed Dermovate scalp application and body ointment when I was about 14 and it cleared up within weeks but have always been self concious and Im now 55. A few weeks ago I had strep throat and was going through a very stressful time. The antibiotics cleared the strep throat but I'd developed a scabby rash which felt like gravel over my back, arms and front. The nurse practioner at my surgery diagnosed chickenpox and I was worried sick about passing it on. I am fortunate that I can work from home and fell well enough to do so. A week ago the scabs had spread into my scalp, round my neck and down my legs and I was really upset and got an emergency appointment with my doctor who immediately diagnosed GP. She prescribed hydromol and I'm seeing her again on Monday to discuss further treatments. My wonderful boss told me to take a weeks annual leave and I managed to have 'me time' for 5 days while my 5 year old Granddaughter, who lives with me, was at school. I googled GP and have eaten loads of fresh vegetables, fish and chicken and I'm drinking loads of water. I've alternated bathing with the oats and Dead Sea salts but I know it's not going to disappear overnight. I don't want to use the steroid creams again permanently so reading your advice and hints in this forum has made me feel more positive about dealing with it. I'll keep you informed how I get on but once again Thank You for sharing your stories and I wish you all well x

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 13.56 by Hollie07

Hi Margyb I have been in the exactly the same situation. I’ve had psoriasis since I was 4 and I’ve always had episodes and then remission for 5-7 years. When I’ve had flare ups they’ve always only been a few patches on my legs, elbows, face and worst in my scalp. But I also had a strep throat at Xmas along with being stressed. Antibiotics cleared the strep up but then a month later I started coming out in a rash that eventually spread all over my body. I went to a&e as they thought I had meningitis. Doctor diagnosed me with foliculitus from shaving? After a lot of research myself and linking my psoriasis with the strep, I realised I’d developed Guttate psoriasis. I went back to the doctors and they confirmed it. I’m on month 6 with it now and it has calmed down a lot but my body is full of scars. I’ve realised one of my main triggers is stress. But it’s different for a lot of people. Maybe try an anti-inflammatory diet? It works for a lot of people. I’ve also being using enstilar which is great but not to use all the time. However, I’ve completely stopped using this 3 weeks ago. I’ve tried to stay away from being put on anything stronger such as methotrexate. I do think diet can help a lot but takes longer. I try to eat a lot fruit, mainly blueberries and veg. I try to cut out as much gluten out as possible and limit dairy. There’s some great advice in this chat which has helped me a a lot. The advice on blueberries and turmeric tablets helped me the most! I hope you find you’re remission!

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 15.28 by Margyb

Thank you Hollie07. I've cut dairy out this week and today ate a few cubes of cheese I'd cut for my Granddaughter and within an hour my skin was burning and itching. I'm keeping an 'elimination' diary and we already eat blueberries but I'll double the amount I eat and will try the turmeric capsules X

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 15.33 by Hollie07

I think it’s just different with everyone but the blueberries and turmeric tablets are very good. You need to get the tablets with black pepper. Ive also started using CBD oil on a nighttime to not feel as stressed. It is a horrible disease and I don’t think others realise the magnitude of it especially on mental health. I’ve had more help from forums like this than I have from the doctors or hospital. I’m all for the natural remedies.

Posted Sat 25 May 2019 09.52 by CPWCollier (edited Sat 25 May 2019 10.01 by CPWCollier)

I'm experiencing an outbreak of Guttate as well. Mine first started showing up on my stomach about 2 weeks after I had feverish symptoms--possibly strep or some bacterial infection. The illness went away after a couple of days so I didn't treat it or think much of it. I thought the red spots showing up after the fever were pimples, but then they started to spread and pop up on my back in a larger size. I tried tanning salons for a little bit that seemed to help very little. Ended up going to my Primary Dr and 2 dermatologists who diagnosed it as guttate psoriasis. I was prescribed a steroid ointment (Calcipotriene/Betamethasone Dipropionate) which actually helped clear the red spots up fairly quickly. My skin was pretty much clear for the most part, but I was using the ointment nearly every day and more tiny spots would start to pop up on my body and eventually my scalp too if I didn't use the ointment. I've started drastically changing my diet to help the spots from returning (no dairy, no meat, low to no sugar, no nightshade veggies and trying to cut out gluten) and take supplements like Fish Oil, Milk Thistle and a Probiotic every day. I'm also halfway through a 10 day cycle of doxycycline, an antibiotic that's supposed to help, since my initial fever/bacterial infection was never treated. I live and work in a stressful environment and do my best to manage, but I'm sure my stress levels aren't helping. Just a few days ago I tried taking myself off the steroid creams cuz I don't like the idea of lathering a steroid on my body and in my scalp every day. Since I stopped, I have broken out worse than it has ever been (It's been 6 months since the spots initially showed up). I'm wondering if this is a reaction to the overuse of the steroid cream or what? I've found multiple threads on the success of using pure glycerin 2-3 times a day on guttate psoriasis. It's supposed to gradually help skin cells mature correctly if you're diligent with applying it daily for a month or so. I'm giving that method a try now. I also ordered an all-natural topical cream called Zen Fusion Formula that is used in Eastern Medicine from Doctors-Defense to try as another alternative. Hoping and praying something will eventually work. Any guidance or comments are greatly appreciated!

Posted Mon 27 May 2019 16.50 by Lauz329

Has anyone found a link with drinking alcohol? I find I get a flare up after a big night!

Posted Tue 28 May 2019 04.00 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 29 May 2019 11.08 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Laz239: I have read posts from several pople who have seen their psoriasis flare up after drinking alcohol, especially affter a heavy night. I have also seen posts from people who observe no apparent link. I have not seen such any such correlation myself, but if I did, I would avoid drinking heavily or moderate it as much as I seemed to need to to avoid bad flare-ups. I think that sometimes with psoriasis it is a case of doing what seems to work for you, even if nobody else says that they have found the same.

To take part, sign in or register with us