Guttate Psoriasis

Posted Wed 29 May 2019 07.33 by BobbyJovi96

Hollie07 i think i know how feel about the red marks coming back when heat is applied! Used a sunbed yesterday to start the tan for my holidays in july and notice that the marks on my tummy where the GP was came back quite red, but they are not raised or anything, they are just a slightly reddish mark. Would this mean that i can't use the sunbeds? Gonna have to re buy the tumeric tablets which all though they worked wonders for me, was glad that i finished them back in april when it had cleared

Posted Wed 29 May 2019 08.04 by MKA

My GP has faded I have white patches everywhere. I have the same to my marks show up more in heat, but there not raises there flat then they disappear! So frustrating as I get worried there coming back! Always scared to eat something or have a glass of wines incase it flares up! However I’m still drinking turmeric teas and having COD liver oil tablets and I apply coconut oil twice a day and PRAYING is won’t come back :-(

Posted Wed 29 May 2019 08.15 by BobbyJovi96

MKA its very frustrating isn't it! Saw the marks last night and i thought to myself oh holy f#%k here we go again right when summer is here but i still have coal tar ointment left from when the hospital prescribed it to me so hopefully that will help and im gonna continue using the sunbeds and probably will buy the tumeric tablets again just to be on the safe side

Posted Wed 29 May 2019 08.49 by MKA

Yeah I hope it’s not something that will permanently happen, my coal tar started to give me a rash so had to stop using it apparently was using to much of it, feel like I can’t win with anything. Happy it’s faded will be even happier when it completely goes

Posted Fri 31 May 2019 08.02 by Margyb (edited Fri 31 May 2019 08.47 by Margyb)

Can anyone tell me when the GP develops scales does that mean it’s improving? I’ve been eating loads of blueberries and a healthy diet and although it’s still itchy, a few of the larger spots are scaling over. Is there anywhere that tells you the ‘cycle’ of gp - from getting the first spots to its (hopefully) clearing up?

Posted Fri 31 May 2019 14.28 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Margyb, my guttate psoriasis faded gradually but never develped scales or changed it's basic appearance, just became more and more faint and finally disappeared. Still have the plaque psoriasis of course - with its scales.

Posted Mon 3 Jun 2019 09.47 by Margyb

I’m feeling like a failure right now. All my intentions of dealing with my gp naturally seem to have made it worse. I’ve gone from about 30% coverage to 90%. It’s starting to creep on my face and is so noticeable around my neck. My back, chest stomach arms and legs are covered and I feel I’m constantly burning. I’ve used organic coconut oil, eaten blueberries and cut out red meat, dairy, junk food for nearly 2 month now. I’ve ordered the turmeric capsules and bought Hanna Sillitoe’s Radiant book yesterday but I’ve been in tears all weekend at how bad this is and I’m waiting for my Doctor to call me back to discuss other options. I still don’t want to lose hope in a holistic way of treating this but really feel I need medical help at the minute. This forum still gives me hope for the future but right now I need something to help a little quicker.

1 Posted Mon 3 Jun 2019 12.07 by MKA

Hi All My GP has faded and I have pigmentation, i went through the homopathy route it’s a place in Birmingham I went to!!! I started noticing a difference in a week! I have done weekly progress pics, I have been taking them for a month went back last week because I ran out and now he has given me stuff to help with pigmentation! If anyone wants the details let me know more than happy to share

Posted Mon 3 Jun 2019 20.21 by Sky

Hello Everyone. I’ve had psoriasis on feet and legs for 6 years now, sometimes I feel very self conscious. I don’t go to swimming pools on my own but happily take my 3 year old or 7 year old granddaughters. I have to stay in the shallow end with both so my psoriasis is very visible. A few weeks ago I was in the pool laying in about 10cm of water and a lady walked by with marks all up her legs. I could have cried with joy when I realised she had paid out hundreds of pounds on tattoos so that people would look at her. and my marks were all natural. I have the odd time when I’m feeling low, but snap out of it quickly when I remember the lady with tattoos.. We need to feel proud and happy to be who we are, and what we are. Good luck everyone. Stay positive.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 2019 20.25 by MKA

Hi Bobbyjovi96 Do you still get the patches show up in the heat???

Posted Wed 19 Jun 2019 20.39 by BobbyJovi96

MKA if I'm honest i haven't noticed, the marks i had when i used the sunbeds have faded away again. Will update when i start back using them next week but so far i look to be 100% clear now

Posted Wed 19 Jun 2019 21.34 by MKA

Mine happen when I showed the marks come up on my legs but then when I moistures they go again....hoping it’s temp and will go away

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 12.20 by Jemima33

Hiya! 👋🏻 Im so happy to read this thread. Im on week 5 of GP accurately diagnosed by a nurse practitioner at my surgery after 3 weeks of antibiotics and a nasty tonsillitis infection (am yet to see a Dr) She gave me.. Cetraban, Dovobet, Hydromol, Emollin, and Capasal. With so much paraffin Im about 70% candle!! The only thing that seems to be helping is the Capasal shampoo. (Coal tar and coconut oil) The cetraban makes them angrier! Having done a little research I have decided to ditch the steroids too and am now going a bit natural . I cant get into my head that Im putting chemicals on poorly skin?!? I have a knowledgeable friend that said Psoriasis stems from a leaky gut (obv there are genetic factors first) leaky gut can be caused by necessary antibiotics and they can cause havoc with your system so Im trying probiotic capsules from a herbalist, coconut oil on my skin, changed my diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, cod liver oil and vitamin D capsules and Turmeric Tea.. I may be still spotty but after a week my mood is improving and for the first time Im actually FEELING healthier, more relaxed/positive and have more energy so Im gonna stick with it! Im also taking something called Oregon Grape Root capsules which Im undecided about but Im gonna give it a go! It seems everyone’s guttate reacts differently to different things so Im not expecting miracles and Im hoping when I finally see my GP next week he will refer me and offer light therapy but Im gonna give it a bloody good go at healing from the inside! Take back a little control from the nasty little ********. Crossing fingers for you all you get some improvements!!

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 18.47 by MKA

Hi I would say go the natural way, I did that and it’s the best thing I ever did. Everyone is different however I had Turmic tea, omega 3 and 3 litres of water a day I also used coconut oil once a day! 2 months on...my arms stomach back are clear however my legs have white pigmentation! Don’t let any doctor tell you this is permanent this can go I was distressed for one month I had it all over my body! IT WILL GO! Eat a lot of Veg aswell You can do this This is the most distressing thing I’ve been through and I managed to get through this and I know anyone can! Once you see it go you can start introducing things back in but slowly! Goodluck and just be strict your skin is important! Stay blessed :-)

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 20.36 by Jemima33

Thanks MKA :) Im following slimming world SP which is low carb, limited dairy, lean meat/fish, loads of green leafy veg and berries so hopefully that will help?! Also loads of water! Its all trial and error and its frustrating to not know if you are helping so thanks so much for giving me hope!! :) Im off for a tumeric tea... I’ve got this! :)

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 21.01 by MKA

It is trial and error some thing that might work for me might not work for you, however try it, you have nothing to loose! You can get through this xx

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 22.14 by gewakefie

I’m in week 3 if GP second time been clear for 4.5 years first time after tonsillitis took about. 9 months to fade didn’t change anything just sunbeds. This outbreak covered about 70% of me just finished my first cab of enstilar and honestly guys all the spots have faded it’s unbeluevable

Posted Mon 24 Jun 2019 22.45 by Shirl67

Hi, I’ve had psoriasis for over 25 years and used all the creams and lotions. The best treatment is phototherapy, there’s two types ones UVA which you have to take tablets with 2 hours before treatment and the other most popular one is UVB. UVA works best for me it clears mine up with about 8-10 treatments. The UVB takes a lot more treatments to clear. It has calmed down a bit over the years but I still mainly get it from the waist down so can never wear shorts or dresses unless I’ve just had a course of treatment. Antihistamines help with the itching but no matter how much moistureiser I use it doesn’t make any difference, so get to the dermatologist and request phototherapy that’s the only treatment I recommend. Shirley.

Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 23.20 by Lauz329

Hi all. Not posted in a while as leading such a busy life! anyway, my update is that 70% of my GP has cleared however, I seem to have small dots type marks that fade but come out in the shower or heat. Anyone else get this?

Posted Fri 2 Aug 2019 23.37 by MKA

Hii I have the same just on my legs though, come out in the heat but then fade. I find it really strange. I’m clear just for pigmentation left on my legs :-)

To take part, sign in or register with us