uveitis

Posted Sat 9 Mar 2019 02.30 by kaymd21

I have had psoriasis for about 15 years now and have worn glasses for about the same amount of time. recently my eye sight has gotten pretty bad . Not neasr sighted wise but I have horrible dark black eye floaters, i get trailing images and blind spots. If you can imagine how you get spots in your vision from looking at the flash in a camera i get that through out the day as well . Last time i went to the eye dr it was at a glasses dr not an opthamologist. He didnt really seem to know what he was talking about i had to persuade him to take pictures of my eyes and he non chalently says my retinas are thinning. Im in a tight spot for money at the moment but plan to go to the opthamologist as soon as possible. I was just wondering if anyone has had any form of uveitis or posterior uveitis and can share what it is like for them

Posted Sun 10 Mar 2019 15.33 by Alex N

Hi there kaymd21 Don't know if it helps, because it may not be the same thing, but I've just been diagnosed with psoriasis (I'm 63), and while I was developing it I had a problem with one of my eyes, having what I now know are called 'flashes and floaters'.. I had a sight test and mentioned it to my optician and they sent me for a check the next day (it has to be within 24 hours of being reported), and it turned out to be a detached vitreous (not the more dangerous detached retina). Nothing to worry about and just part of the ageing process, and more common if you're short-sighted like myself. There was no charge for the diagnostics or eye test. Don't know how old you are, and it sounds like yours could be different, but in case it helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us