Dating

Posted Thu 21 Mar 2019 6.52am by Burygirl92

I’m 26 and had psoriasis for last 3 years now but I have it from head to toe I’m wanting to get back out there dating but so ashamed of how I look anyone feeling the same or have felt the same and had success in dating again

Posted Sun 31 Mar 2019 9.36pm by Lauz329

Hi.

I’m sorry you feel this way. I’m just getting over my guttate psoriasis which covered me head to toe.

I too felt like I didn’t even want to think about dating due to how low I felt.

I believe that other people don’t see it as bad as us and I had a really successful date whilst totally covered. I’m now 5 dates in with the same guy so believe me you can do it.

Have you tried Dead Sea bath salts? They’ve been amazing for me!

Posted Tue 2 Apr 2019 11.54am by Karenlouise15
I used to be so confident and outgoing but now a shell of my former self due to psoriasis

I’m the same been single 3 yrs now since I split with my ex I’m covered in psoriasis and really don’t feel confident to date anyone mind u can’t see anyone wanting to date me whilst I have this horrible skin condition.

Posted Sat 6 Apr 2019 11pm by Psoriasisblossom

I'm 28 and have had psoriasis since I was 13

I have been single 6 years

I am covered head to toe

I don't feel confident either I did briefly meet someone but he decided that my skin was unattractive which therefore made me ugly

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 2.56am by CaraYO!

I'm totally the same I'm 28 tried everything to calm it down got it everywhere even on my poor downstairs muffin and inner legs I've had guys think it's an STD thinking they can catch try to explain its not and well never ends well makes me feel so unconfident how do you guys explain it don't think I'm ever going to blow away my cobwebs anytime soon. Then it makes my scalp and face look greasy and flaky skin all the time get bullied alot people dont think I wash it's all so sad it's ruining my life xxx

Posted Sun 19 May 2019 3.56pm by Jessicago @skndalive
Hello, I've had psoriasis all my life. I think psychological support for psoriasis warriors is fundamental!

Hey all,

I am 31 and have had psoriasis since I was 3. I have had some negative experiences with dating and people making horrible comments. I remember overhearing someone say "How can you like her? her skin is so gross".

I have been with my current boyfriend for 5 years and we started dating when my psoriasis was really bad. I'm not covered head to toe but I had really large plaques, including on my genitals and my hands were so damaged they were really swollen, constantly fissured in the articulations with large strips of skin coming off and the rest red and raw. It made me really self conscious and I used to say I looked like a leper. It was really hard to open up at the beginning and i felt really self conscious. This made me realise that a massive limiting factor was my feelings around my skin. He didn't seem to care that much, or at least never showed it. He's been one of my biggest allies and has been so supportive through the ups and downs. I started psychotherapy last year and that has really helped me deal with all the feelings about my skin and how it affects me. Don't give up! You're worth it! and definitely consider therapy if you haven't tried.

Posted Sun 19 May 2019 7.42pm by StephanieAlbax
Stephanie. 32 years old. Mother of 2. Nursing student.

I'm the same. Recently single and don't think I'll ever meet anyone again because of my skin. It's depressing af! I remember when i met my ex over 8 years ago and i had it bad and on my hands and i managed to hide it for ages, well i thought i did but he knew when he met me. I remember him asking what was on my hands and i wanted to be swallowed up. I'm different now tho and a bit more open about it but i still don't think I'll have the confidence to meet someone else.

Posted Sat 15 Jun 2019 3.07pm by psoriasis123

don't let psoriasis ruin your life, I just try to ignore it and hope that most people won't really care. Cause most people don't care and are not that shallow. Sex for me is the thing that concerned me the most, but if you act like nothings wrong, then usally people are to polite to say anything, and if they ask I just explain what it is. In my teens it really effected me, but I was tired of letting life go by in front of me just because of one thing about me, sure I find it embarrassing sometimes, but I just ignore it.

Posted Sat 8 Feb 2020 3.35pm by asiddburrn

I've been single now for over three years since it's started covering most of my body.

I just can't bear the thought of people touching me and taking their hand away covered in scales, or greasy creams and scales, or waking up in a bed of scales.

I keep covered up most of the time to avoid careless comments or staring.

It's affected my weight as I comfort eat, I don't go out much anymore unless it's work, I keep a brave face, outwardly I'm zero F's, you'd never know it affects my personality unless you were in my closest tiny circle of friends.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.