Sunbeds and Humira

Posted Mon 25 Mar 2019 12.06 by EQ

I have suffered with Psoriasis for the last 10 years and had my worst flare up around 4/5 years ago, since then I have been put on to the biologic medication Humira. My body hasn't seen ANY sun for this time and I wanted to ease my skin in to sun light by doing 1/2 sunbeds a week for a 6 week course. However, I am unsure whether I am actually able to use sunbeds whilst on this medication but cannot see anything against it online or in the leaflet with the injections. Can anybody help shed some light?

1 Posted Sat 20 Nov 2021 21.04 by Heidiloobylou75

Take it no one knows then?

Posted Sun 21 Nov 2021 09.55 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

My opinion only. I would avoid sunbeds if on ANY infusions or meds/biologics and use high factor sunscreen if in hot sunny climates (even sun block). The hospital would not allow light treatment in hospital if on biologics and there is a very good reason for this. Unfortunately, we have a higher risk of skin cancers and sun beds are known to increase that risk anyway. You can Google this or ask you clinical nurse for advise. I used to read all the posters in clinic whilst waiting to see the various Dr's and all that info was very clear. Obviously each to their own but please be careful x

Posted Thu 25 Nov 2021 14.01 by Pixie

Definitely not Iā€™m in Australia I have done light therapy and it burned my skin and made it worse.

To take part, sign in or register with us