Eating spicy foods....

Posted Sun 31 Mar 2019 23.16 by Darren S
I’m in my late 40’s, married with three kids. Had my first and only flare in Jan 2018. Just living with it now.

Hi Just wondering if anyone else’s psoriasis gets worse after eating spicy foods? Firstly I love hot spicy foods and last night I ate a Thai curry and added a few chopped extra chillies. However around 1am I awoke because my skin was on fire 🔥. I seem to remember last week this happened as I’d cooked a chilli con carne, again I’d made it quite hot. I’m not sure if there is a link as this is my first flare and I’m absolutely covered from head to toe in what I call ‘leopard print skin’ so I’m always dealing with itchy, burning, painful skin.at the moment so much so it’s driving me mad at times. I looked on the internet but if you believe everything on there, you would not be able to eat anything at all as it would make your psoriasis worse. Sorry for the long post. X

Posted Mon 8 Apr 2019 20.36 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Hi Darren, just one of the many difficulties with psoriasis is that many people have such different experiences. I firstmdeveoped plaque psoriasis all over my body at University in 1980. Since that time I lived several years in SE Asia and I LOVE spicy food, particularly from SE Asia. I have never seen any correlation between my psoriaisis and my intake of spicy food or chillies But that does not mean that it does not exist for others.

To take part, sign in or register with us