Out of my mind.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 2019 22.38 by Dee.W.32

I have psoriasis for the past 10 years started at small patches on knees and elbows. Since August last year it now covers majority of my body. I have tried so many treatments and oral medications I feel like nothing is working. The pain is excruciating on my legs. Dr prescribed me antihistamine but they dont work I'm still waking up in the middle of the night and itching like crazy. Be nice just to speak to someone who knows exactly how I'm feeling. I'm getting really fed up with it all now. TIA x

Posted Wed 24 Apr 2019 08.38 by Redchimp13

My doctor gave me Dovebet gel which seems to work and before bed I was have a bath with oilatum in ,then read on here yesterday use Dead Sea salt as well had a better night sleep last night .

Posted Wed 24 Apr 2019 09.35 by Dee.W.32

I couldn't get in with dovobet. ordered the Dead Sea salt. Been given 50/50 and coal tar stuff today from the consultant. Then review in 2 weeks. Just wish the pain would stop

Posted Wed 24 Apr 2019 10.15 by Redchimp13

Hope you get sorted I’ve only been diagnosed properly 3 months ago and it is driving me mad so feel for these people who have been suffering for years .

Posted Fri 3 May 2019 23.26 by Chris
Hi my name is chris 36 year old working as a security officer for the past few years mainly festivals where i can manage it.

im only at the beginning stages of my treatments. Creams and moisturiser to begin with. I honestly feel like taking sandpaper to my knees and elbows sometimes the itchiness can become unbearable sometimes. When it gets bad i recommend a frozen bag of peas or ice to reduce the sensation. It sure is no cure but the relief feeling is bliss if only for a short time.

Posted Sat 4 May 2019 03.19 by wendyloish

Hi, There was a stream on 3% hydrogen peroxide a little while ago. I tried it and it did help, especially for the itch. So perhaps have a look at this stream and try it. Hydrogen peroxide is cheap and readily available, so you have not lost anything much is it does not work for you. For me it has made a difference. wendyloish

To take part, sign in or register with us