New to Imraldi

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2019 16.49 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

I’ve just started treatment with Imraldi. I had the double dose “preload” last week with a nurse in attendance and administered a single dose this week as instructed. The day after this I felt very tired ( memories of Methrotrexate!) but felt okay the following day. However, when I washed my hair , I realised a gland at the base of my skull on one side was swollen and tender. I think it is slightly less swollen today. Has anyone else had a similar experience. I guess I’m wondering if it’s a normal reaction to a new substance or am I heading for a major immune response. My dermatologist nurse isn’t in till next Tuesday.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2019 12.49 by stewartt14

Like you I have just started Imraldi and after each injection I have felt tired.My psoriasis has improved although my legs from just above the legs downwards have not shown any significant improvement and are still red.My ankles show some swelling during the day but slim down overnight.I still hve to regularly apply Centroben ointment on all parts but especially on my legs.I find that after the 2 weeks the effects of the injection starts to where off.So far I have had the loading dose plus 3 further 40 milligrams alternating between my left and right legs. Can anybody tell me how long it takes to completely get rid of psoriasis.I believe Imraldi is the same as Humira but just a different trade name

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2019 14.09 by Essexgran

Hi there, it was good of you to reply. Although I wasn’t expecting the tiredness, I wasn’t surprised by it either as , in the past, I spent the day after taking Methrotrexate in a complete fog. My dermatologist nurse advised me to keep applying cream until not only the scales but basal “bruising “ has gone ,so you are probably doing the right thing. Imraldi, as far as I know, is a bio similar to Humira- a cheaper version brought out when the patent expired. Interestingly, my ankles are slightly swollen at night too and down again by morning. I had been blaming my new blood pressure meds but now you’ve made me wonder. As I first posted, it’s the swollen gland at the base of my head that’s mainly worrying me. Having reacted badly to all the treatments the hospital has tried so far, I would really have liked not to have to contact them so soon, yet again! Good luck with your treatment. Let us know how things are going.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 2019 15.36 by stewartt14

Thanks for your confirmation of continuing with the ointment.My next injection is tomorrow so we will see what the reaction to that is.I hope your gland at the base of your head is improving

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 09.44 by Essexgran

Here I am a week further on in my Imraldi journey. It turned out that the lump on my head was one of several swollen glands and in fact I had a chest infection. I’m on antibiotics and have to suspend injections until my chest is clear. Just to make life even more interesting, I have developed circular rashes about 2 inches in diameter at my three injection sites. The weird thing here is the rash has appeared at the site of not only the most recent injection but at the sites of the pre load injections which were previously fine. My GP has been wonderful; the hospital dermatology department less so! They seemed annoyed that I’d phoned..... they’re very busy apparently!! I’m currently wondering when I should restart the injections. Has anyone else had initial problems on Imraldi (Adalimumab ).

Posted Wed 8 May 2019 16.14 by stewartt14

Dear Essxgran,Sorry to hear about your apparent reaction tp Imraldi.So far I have not had what you have had.I am due for a chest Xray tomorrow and a blood test soon.Let you know my progress

To take part, sign in or register with us