Summer and Psoriasis

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2019 21.34 by batchy

My son who is 6 has psoriasis all over his body and the only ointment that really keeps him hydrated the most is 50/50 which as you know is 100% paraffin and paraffin does not go well with heat!! For those of you who use topicals which have paraffin, how do you compensate for this during the summer? Do you cover up more to prevent the sun reacting with your creams or use suncream or a combination of both? thx

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2019 08.59 by Richysorefoot

Hi. I have to be careful using parafin based ointments as I am a firefighter. Parafin and extreme heat mix a little too well. My topical treatment is a hemp and aloe vera mix from dr organic. I also take hemp oil oraly and use hemp soap. I really don't like using steroid ointments but if I do I use it at night. Have a good soak inthe bath, apply the 50/50 and then the steroid ointment and cover with cling film. I normally only suffer with P on the soles of my feet, so I wear a sock to keep the cling film in place. I don't know how you could do this over larger areas, and for young children this may not be possible, but youmight able to use tubi grip bandages or something. I hope this helps. I wish you well with his treament. Can I ask has he always had this. If not, has he recently had a serious illness, measels for instance.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2019 09.25 by batchy

Hi. Oils of any sort just make him itch more. He developed eczema when he was 6 mths which evolved into psoriasis a couple of years ago. Thx

To take part, sign in or register with us