Psoriatic Arthritis

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 15.22 by Audrey diaz

Hi , Im audrey 42 yrs old and recently i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I was diagnosed last March 28 and fluid was removed fr my knee. I was given mTx but was stopped aften my WBC was high. I was given sulfasalizine for a month and it flared up all over body and acc to doctor I have guttate.Now it dried up already and Med now is MTx & sulfasalizine.However i feel dizzy. ,no appetite and feel like vomitting ..Im taking this for a wk now but why is it that my left knee is still inflamed and cant work properly and my right thumb is getting big and all pain keeps transferring .i am frustrated as i cant even work or take care of my family ..appreciate your advice thx

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 23.44 by wendyloish

Hi Audrey, Have you had a look through the various postings on the forum? There is a whole section on psoriatic arthritis, and the treatments section may be useful to you as well. The website itself has an informative "Psoriasis and Treatments" section which you might also find helpful, especially when it comes to understanding the different treatments available. That being said, I have found that diet is an effective way to control my psoriatic arthritis and spondilitis symptoms. Diet has made medications unnecessary, especially in controlling pain. Well, not entirely unnecessary, but I can control symptoms without immuno-suppressing drugs. I do take the odd ibuprofen and paracetamol, and I back up with prednisolone if necessary. But it is a long time since I have taken a prednisolone tablet! My diet is FODMAP. It is designed for irritable bowel syndrome, but it has an impact on the psoriatic arthritis (and the psoriasis). Basically it is a diet that eliminates/reduces inflammation causing foods. It takes some time for it to fully impact. I found 10-12 weeks. But you should start to feel some easing of symptoms way before that. Have a look at this. I can only say it worked for me. A quick test that could indicate whether diet will work for you is to go on a water fast for a few days (I found 4 days was ideal). It is a tough ask, and not everyone is prepared to do this, but if you do, that is all it will take to get a positive outcome. 5 days was enough for me originally to get real relief. wendyloish

Posted Wed 8 May 2019 00.29 by Audrey diaz

Hi Wendyloish Thanks for your advice and I did look into the postings here and I find it very helpful. However, I wish to have a normal life and most of the times I feel like giving up as I feel the pinch of being disable and it is very frustrating as well once I see the marks all over my body Thx Again

To take part, sign in or register with us