Hi

Posted Fri 10 May 2019 17.20 by Tom2193

Anyone know if any creams that help with redness of the face. Thanks

Posted Fri 10 May 2019 23.31 by wendyloish

Hi Tom, Is the redness focused on your cheeks, nose and lower forehead? I have had this redness problem since I was in my 40s. I was first tested for lupus (an autoimmune disease) and when the test came back with elevated immune markers but not high enough for a positive lupus diagnosis, the GP settled on a diagnosis of rosacea. Not very helpful, really. Over the years I have been treated for this with antibiotics, but they really made very little difference. So I have gone my own way on this one. Firstly I cut down on alcohol as this seemed to make it worse. I use just a drop a day when I shower of Sebitar. This has made a big difference. Sebitar is an Australian product produced by a company called Ego. It is marketed as a scalp cleansing treatment. And the active ingredients are tar (pine) 1% w/w coal tar solution 1% w/w salicylic acid 2% w/w If this sound familiar, it is because this is pretty much what my grandmother's generation used for their psoriasis (and my grandmother was born in the 1880s). It worked for them. it still works, it is available without a prescription, and there is no worry about long term use as there is for creams containing steroids. I suspect the face redness has to do with the sebaceous glands. Hope this is helpful. I am confident others will have newer, brighter and possible also effective suggestions. wendyloish

Posted Sat 11 May 2019 04.19 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Tom: have you been using steroid-based preparations on your face? It is very difficult to make informed suggestions without knowing just a little more . . . do you suffer already from psoriasis anywhere else? Does the redness appear as patches (eg plaques perhaps), or is it simply a general redness? Has the redness semingly appeared almost from nowhere?

Posted Sat 11 May 2019 12.03 by Tom2193

General redness all over. And ye I suffer with p around 80% of my body

1 Posted Sun 12 May 2019 22.32 by wendyloish

Hi Tom, Have you tried Googling "Why is my face red?" wendyloish

Posted Mon 13 May 2019 06.53 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Tom: did you have psoriasis on the face in the past, and use steroid on the face? This can be one cause of redness. If not, it IS possible that the redness is not directly related to your psoriasis. Perhaps a visit to the GP might be a good idea.

To take part, sign in or register with us