Help

Posted Sun 19 May 2019 16.35 by Tom2193

Hi I’m really struggling at the moment. I have p all over my body head to toe and am currently waiting for a dermatologist appointment. I can cope with it only my body because I can cover it up but the redness on my face I can’t cope with. Just wondering if anyone is out there that can help with my confidence and help me get over the anxiety and the feel that people are staring at you Thanks Tom x

Posted Sun 19 May 2019 23.47 by Holly1
Has psoriasis since 2001

Hi Tom, it's so hard when it's on your face isn't it. I also have it on my face and I know what you mean about the staring it used to bother me a lot, don't get me wrong it still does when I'm having a not so good day. I'm sure you do already but keep moisturising your face as much as possible, and if you have been prescribed medication keep using it. I also treat myself to some soothing face masks which can sometimes not only help with the soreness but make me feel a little better. How long have you had p for? Are you taking anything for it at the moment? I know it's hard when you don't feel confident but just do you. Don't let other people staring at you make you feel self conscious no one is perfect out there. I just now think we only live one life and let's just live it and enjoy what we have. With the nicer weather getting out and about will help our skin more. Please don't knock your confidence and let psoriasis rule your whole life. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your appointment, always here to chat

Posted Mon 20 May 2019 08.56 by bryan james mcneill

could try going back to doctor , see if they can hurry along your appointment ........best wishes .........

Posted Mon 20 May 2019 13.20 by LesRut

Brand new to this site and to forums in general Can't see how or where to ask a general Q about nail psoriasis Only my fingernails are affected but it is horrible and extreme - I have had to give up my job and it totally depresses me Has anyone had fingernails removed as a possible solution ? And what is likely to happen ? I've been all through creams tablets and new biological treatments and nothing seems to help at all

Posted Mon 20 May 2019 23.37 by wendyloish

Hi Les, I have been running a conversation about nail psoriasis in the "Psoriasis Experiences" section of the forum. Iit is under the title "Nail psoriasis". Have a look at it. In it I do mention that my brother had his big toe nails removed many years ago. They look odd, but otherwise being nail-less has not been a problem for him. However I suspect that the nails were only a symptom, as in his old age he now suffers from psoriatic arthritis (he never had a skin problem throughout his life), digestive problems, and high blood pressure. For my brother the nails were his only symptom for 50 odd years, but the autoimmune problem was there and it eventually caught up with him. In my experience and my brother's, it would be better to address the underlying problem, than just the nails. Have a scroll through the forum and see how others are addressing similar issues, use the search icon at the top of the page, and have a look at the "Psoriasis and Treatments" section of the web site. You may find all of these things helpful. wendyloish

Posted Sat 15 Jun 2019 15.20 by psoriasis123

Hey tom, it took me some time to be referred to the dermatologist, but once I was I quite quickly got UVB treatment, which has practically got rid of most of my psoriasis for the past 2 months, its starting to come back a little. But your GP can prescribe some really good things, Calcitriol can be used on the whole face, and honestly its been so good for me after 4 weeks of using it, it's complete gone and my face is really soft and clear. But it will come back over the next month then I'll apply again. Enstillar is also really good, way better than normal steroids, and I've used that for 4 weeks and my psoriasis on my body although still a little red its almost flake free. But hold out for your demoatogloist, cause UVB worked a treat for me

Posted Fri 5 Jul 2019 15.24 by SamC

Hey Tom, I have the same problem - I would say moisturise day and night for sure (I use Aveeno)! Sometimes I take a facial wipe and kind of rub away the top layer of my psoriasis (leaving the red, but no flakes) apply bio-oil or moisturiser and then foundation. This really helps me feel more confident, although it doesn't actually treat the psoriasis. When it gets really bad, I just do 2 weeks of steroid cream. So yeah, don't be afraid to invest in a foundation just to hide redness ;) Good luck!

To take part, sign in or register with us