Back Again

Posted Thu 23 May 2019 11.48 by sarahflan

Hi everyone,, I'm 22 y/o and my guttate psoriasis has just had a severe flare up after being gone for nearly 4 years. I first got guttate psoriasis when i was 18 and still in school, it ruined my confidence, mental health and self esteem completely and took almost a year to clear up. It covered nearly my whole body and i refused to let anyone see any part of my body, even after the red patches were gone and the scarring remained. To be honest, I've blocked that year out of my memory and cant actually remember what treatments worked and how i got rid of it, I used steroid creams and sunbeds but apart from that i have no idea. After getting strep throat again around a month ago, i noticed a small rash on my neck which i attributed to heat rash but I think I was just in denial... A month down the line my chest stomach and back are covered, I also have red patches on my face and I'm noticing it starting to spread down my legs and arms. I'm lost and feel helpless. My main problem is I'm currently living in Spain as part of my university degree so i have no access to doctors and the heat is making it impossible to try and cover myself up. Whenever i try to explain what is happening to my closest friends and boyfriend, i burst into tears. I don't think I can go through this again. Anyone have any advice? I've started reading through the forums but I dont even know where the start. The worst of it is, I know it has to get better before it gets worse. :( Thinking of everyone else suffering S x

Posted Sat 25 May 2019 18.50 by Loops

Hi Are you sure you don't have access to doctors in Spain? If you have an EHIC card - which you are entitled to as an EU citizen, you should have the same access as you would get in the UK. You really need to get some professional advice and maybe some steroid cream to get your skin back under control. In theory, you are in the right place as the sun should help, but I always got worse in the summer. I'm not able to offer any treatment suggestions, but I feel your pain. I have had psoriasis for around 20 years and haven't been able to go swimming or wear shorts in the summer for years. I am now on injections and my life has transformed. There are treatments that will help, please seek them out.

To take part, sign in or register with us