Guttate to plaque?

Posted Fri 14 Jun 2019 15.07 by gewakefie

Hi guys, Im new here. hello all :) about 4 years ago i got tonsillitis and the rest.. classic story. Nothing worked only sunbeds it lasted about 9 months then it just dissapeared overnight. always get tonsillitis but not always guttate till 2 weeks ago i got a bad case of tonsillitis and guttate back more worse than before and is now everywhere including my face. Going to try get entilar tomorrow as seems its the only thing that really works. If anyone could help me i would appreciate it. I got really sunburnt the same time as i got the throat infection. It was just my front, my psoriasis is dotted all over me except fro where i burnt it just looks like a massive patch of psoriasis no spaces in between and where the burn like is theres loads of clusters close together but these i can tell are individual. My question is where i was sunburnt do you thin its now one massive bit of psoriasis? as it was 2 weeks ago i got burnt so surely the redness would have gone down? Also what are the chances of it going away again and can it turn into plaque psoriasis? also what really is plaque psoriasis does it just mean it permanent? thanks guy

Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 01.00 by Kirstys837

Hi! I’m new here too! I got diagnosed with guttate in 2014 and battled it for 3 years, in the end the only thing that “cured” it was uvb light therapy. With regards to your talk about sunburn, I remember I hurt myself on holiday a couple times stumbling around after having too much to drink and also unknowingly battling strep, these were the marks that I noticed weren’t healing, they just kept getting bigger and itchier! The dermatologist said that is wha usually happens, if the skin is damaged in anyway whilst the infection is forming, the psoriasis will take over in some way. Also, just after half way through my uvb treatment, I got suspected scarlet fever! I was also warned that where I had a rash could result is a serious flare up of psoriasis again which was heartbreaking as I was just starting to see and improvement! I was lucky that it didn’t and my journey continued to the “all clear”. Now, 5 years later, my psoriasis has flared up again in the most inconvenient and uncomfortable places, the worst being my scalp, neck and face. I’m awaiting to go back to dermatology but as everyone knows, The waitlist is always massive! So in answer to your question about it going away, it may, it may not. Every body is different and unique. As far as I’m aware guttate is a viral infection of some sort and will eventually sort itself out without treatment but that can take a couple of years. Plaque psoriasis is a chronic condition that will flare up and be dormant too. It’s usually larger spots that cover elbows or shins for eg. I hope this helps, I’m sorry I don’t have any treatment recommendations, still trying to figure it out myself! Good luck with your treatment! Kirsty.

To take part, sign in or register with us