Very Unsure...

Posted Fri 21 Jun 2019 20.13 by JenTheEnd

Hello. My name is Jen. I'm 28. As of late 4 out of 5 nails on my left hand have had to be cut mid way as they have separated from my nail bed. While this can also be psoriasis, it could also be a fungus. I have tried to do research on an answer and I will be seeing a doctor at a free clinic tomorrow for some help. I suppose I'm looking to speak to someone who might have the same possible condition so I have have a better idea of the possibility of knowing what it happening. I can't say for certain if I have a history of psoriasis in my family. I can say that this have never happened to my nails before and I have had no change in the appearance of my skin now or in the past. The research I have done has led me to believe that psoriasis may be the reason behind this change. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm very nervous, stressed and afraid.

Posted Sun 23 Jun 2019 05.18 by claire

Hi Jen. My dermatologist has said that it is fungus caused by psoriasis. She gave me fungus cream. It helps but does not make it go away after months using it. I have it on my left thumb nail and my right toenails. Have lost two toenails so far. Sounds like you may just have a fungus since you have no other signs of psoriasis. I have pustular psoriasis on my left sole and a small place on my left palm. Currently using Sorion cream and it is helping. Good luck dear. I am 69 years old.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 2019 10.16 by scc

Hi Jen, my finger nails are always lifting from the nail bed to various degrees. My dermatologist showed no interest when, after years of this happening, I showed them to him and he just said to cut them short as unfortunately this is what happens with psoriasis. When this started happening I had a swab taken at the GPs and this came back as negative for everything so, for me at least, my nails lifting is not caused by anything external, just another way my P is attacking me. Obviously I can't comment on what is happening with you and would recommend being guided by your doctor as like you have said, this could be a couple of things. All the best

To take part, sign in or register with us