where do i turn to next?hat is your advice?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 2014 13.07 by rich
Diagnosed with psoratitic arthritis Dec 13

Diagnosed last Dec(13) with psa, been on methotrexate tablets, made me feel sick so been changed to injections, however feeling sick again so think my consultant will change meds again and I also take sulphasalazine. Waiting to physio therapy and seen occupational therapist. I am continually drained, not sleeping at night, and although not in much bad pain and I constantly stiff. I try to carry on as normal, but now I am even struggling to work, I deliver skips.my wife says I am becoming dangerous when driving, hands slip of driving wheel, wrists locking during hard turn, and knee locking whilst pressing clutch so stalled vehicle. Ot were great but due to nature of job not much adaptations to job available. I have recently put in a claim for PIP, but unsure if I will qualify, but not sure for how much longer I will be able to work winter around the corner and my work days are spent in the wet and cold but I am unable to do office work..... help!!!! any advise greatly appreciated, don't know where to turn next

Posted Wed 13 Dec 2017 12.07 by PsA@32

Hi Rich A really old post I know but I wondered how you got on? Did you get PIP payments? I have recently been diagnosed with PA and worry about my future with work etc.

Posted Thu 14 Dec 2017 22.55 by Sue P

I work (did,on the sick as unable to work now,) for the government. My advice would be for you to see someone from Citizens Advice. It’s how you fill the form in, good luck & don’t give up hope. X

To take part, sign in or register with us