Hand Psoriasis

Posted Wed 31 Jul 2019 23.36 by chrisg111

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm 55, I have chronic hand Psoriasis. Had it about 4 years. Its not just my hands, I also get it on my feet, elbows and lower back, but not to any great degree. Aside from my hands, I get severe itching on my chest, scalp and back. I can cope with that, but the hand situation is really getting bad. Initially it was cracked skin in my palms, but now it is also the ends of my fingers and the outside of my fingers. To clench my fist hurts and I seem to have lost grip in my fingers. I am contstantly dropping things. Whenever I do any physical labour with my hands, I pay for it afterwards. Its really getting me down. I have tried all the creams etc that the doctors suggest, it doesn't make any difference. Vaseline seems to be the only thing that gives some relief, but its temporary. I shower wearing gloves with Vaseline inside and that helps, but within an hour my hands are again dry, cracking, bleeding etc. Thank God I am married, I doubt that if I wasn't that I would ever be able to get a date with my scabby hands! However, its not the look that really concerns me, its the pain. I just want to be able to grip a spade again without wincing in pain. The general consensus seems to be that I should get a home use UV light, but having looked online, I don't really know which to trust. Could someone out there give me some advice, it would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Posted Fri 9 Aug 2019 07.14 by june

I started eating about 20 blueberries each day, stopped drinking alcohol stopped eating dairy , started using Alpro oat milk , in place of cows milk ,which goes well in hot drinks and my psoriasis has improved a great deal, For my skin product,I use Child's Farm baby moisturiser ,this takes the flakes away and leaves skin smooth er and more comfortable . Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us