Enstilar - Has anyone had success with this spray on foam?

Posted Mon 23 Sep 2019 23.41 by scouternorm

According to the manufacturer, it's the first fixed-combination foam spray for psoriasis treatment in the UK - and said it is more effective than other combination treatments. My wife has been on a biologic, Tremfya, which has done a lot of good on her scalp & hands, but her feet have heavy plaque. She had been using Dovobet ointment, but now her dermo wants her to use Enstilar.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2019 06.29 by UmBongo

I have suffered from mild (up to 10%) plaque psoriasis for over twenty years. During this time I’ve tried many topical treatments and seen several dermatological consultants, whose attitude varied from slightly interested to unhelpful. This year, in mild desperation, I asked my GP to refer me to a consultant once more. He prescribed Enstilar and after using this for around two months, I am extremely happy with the results. My plaques have changed from itchy, red and scaly horrors, to a shadow (literally) of their former selves. Please ask your GP for Enstilar, which is a spray on foam, and I hope it helps you in the same way!

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2019 19.49 by scouternorm

she just started using it yesterday. Hopefully, she gets the same results as you did.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 2019 09.15 by Sarah

Hi, So I’ve used the foam this year,great to start with clears it up but as soon as you stop mine came back even worse! I’m covered all over my body. My doctor told me you can only use it 2-3 times a year. So what’s the point when it comes back and you can’t use it.🤷🏻‍♀️ So I’ve given up steroid treatment,creams,lotions etc and I’ve gone Dairy Free,mostly Gluten Free and I’ve been eating more fish and taking Omega 3 vitamin. Drinking lots of water and swapping the creams for none that has paraffin or petroleum in it and looking for more natural products. I’ve found the Olive Butter Cream in The Body Shop great! And when I have baths I use Dead Sea Salts with Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. It’s a slow treatment but I’m seeing a little change day by day.

Posted Tue 1 Oct 2019 16.36 by toothlady66

Hi have you tried sorion cream? it does not contain steroids and it cleared up my plaque Psoriasis. I have heard many other success stories with it .You can find it at helloskin.co.uk. definitely worth a try

Posted Tue 1 Oct 2019 18.15 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I tried Sorion for a month - it smelled foul and made absolutely no difference to my proriasis - plaque or guttate. I read all the "miracle claims" but it did nothing for me.

Posted Wed 2 Oct 2019 20.50 by Bobo

Hi, I have just been prescribed Enstilar and I am literly sitting here afraid to use it! I used Dovobet once before and it worked great but after the treatment my skin flared worse than any other time in my life (had Psoriasis since I was 15, am now 34!) I have two little boys the youngest is 7 months, I am breastfeeding him. This also put me off though the consultant says its OK. I dont know if I should just suffer for a few more months as I really dont have the energy to deal with a awful flare up (worse than now) after using this and trying to run after a toddler and look after a baby at the same time. Sorry I am so doom and gloom but I am exhausted lol! And having Psoriasis is like a full time job at the best of times.. Has anyone ever used Enstilar and had no flare up after stopping? Do you think I would get an awful flare up again as it happened after Dovobet too? Please help if anyone can? Thank you

Posted Wed 2 Oct 2019 21.01 by scouternorm

What type of psoriasis do you have? My wife has just started using the Ensilar about a week ago. I have had severe plaque psoriasis that I successfully treated with CBD oil, applied topically. See here for pics. http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm

Posted Thu 3 Oct 2019 07.03 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Bobo: if you read a few posts in different threads you will quickly see one of the "problems" faced with treating psoriasis. What works well for one person might work less well for someone else and not at all for someone else. You can read about "steroid rebound" on the internet. Many people do find that after getting great results from a particular topical steroid, when they stop treatment, the condition returns quickly. It was noticed that combining the vitamin D component in Dovobet together with the steroid, seemed to reduce incidence of the rebound effect. Enstilar uses the same active ingredients as Dovobet. Some people have also found that tapering off use of the steroid, rather than just using it for 4 weeks and then stopping completely, can help to reduce the rebound. For example, if using it twice a day, reduce to once a day, then once every two days and so on. I have had excellent results from Dovobet on my body. My GP was reluctant to immediately prescribe Enstilar for my scalp, and indeed I was able to get things under-control using shampoos and Cocois. So I have no experience of Enstilar itself but plenty of experience of Dovobet and other steroids. (I had my first outbreak of plaque psoriasis in 1980, over my entire body including face and scalp. I had it largely under control by 1983 and almost completely gone apart from elbows and groin by 1985. Occasional small isolated patches over the years, but then a massive outbreak of guttate and plaque again in 2018. I am now almost completely free of it again)

To take part, sign in or register with us