Being Independent with Psoriasis

Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 04.28 by ParisDream (edited Thu 26 Sep 2019 04.42 by ParisDream)

Hello, This is a strange post but I need advice on something. I've had psoriasis since I was 9/10 years old. I'm 19 years old now. I'm a college student and trying to be as independent as possible. My mom applies my back cream and also my scalp (it's hard to apply it because there are places I can't reach). I hate it when she does. I love her for helping me but I feel like I will never be able to take care of myself all alone. I feel like I'm always going to have to depend on someone. I want to learn to be independent from this age so I can get used to it. I don't plan on getting married because 1) I don't want to pass psoriasis down, 2) I don't want my partner to suffer because of me. So how do I take care of my ps alone? Do you guys have someone to help you? How was it like when you were growing up with ps? Are you fully independent now? Also, I'm trying my hardest not to let ps affect my life. I try to stay positive but sometimes I just can't take it. I wish it would just stay in one spot and not go away. When it clears up then comes back with newer spots, it kills me. I can go on and on about how much I hate it lol. Thank you for the advice in advance!

Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 12.10 by raja123

hi , Actually no one thinks so much about other's problem ,it is upto us to take care of ourselves. Diet is one way you can completely treat Psoriasis , My aunt has done it and I have had some success , even otherwise , a new treatment called biologics have come and there are new treatments coming up every couple of months . These will clear psoriasis , but u have to take them thruout ur life. With regards to having kids thats your call really , do research on the internet , you will get an idea. My suggestion is ,start with diet control , you can google

Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 12.51 by raja123

Also , do not think too much about it .. it is definitely keep you disappointed at times , When I was a kid I did not have any help from my parents , they just took me to different doctors ... Start with diet , it helps , stop coffee , sugar , tomatoes 100 , processed foods % to start with and try to eat more veggies and fruits and do not over eat at any cost. .. read books by Dr john Pagano .. Exercise helps . When psoriasis reduces your outlook will change ..believe me ... I have used creams thru out my life , they only give temp relief , so please focus on eating healthy .... if you are feeling depressed , it will continue , just forget that you have this condition ,,,, More over in the next 5-10 years you will have a perfect treatment with no side effects .. even now we have them(with side effects) . I was talking to my doctor and he said that while a cure might not be possible , medications with minimum or zero side effects will definitely be available in next 10 years .. So for next 10 years , don't worry ... just try and control psoriasis ....

To take part, sign in or register with us