Knee supports

Posted Sat 28 Sep 2019 14.03 by Mktt79

Hi all. I've had psoriatic arthritis for 12+ years now in 3 joints, both knees and 1 ankle. Take sulfasalazine, 4000mg a day and do pretty well most of time. I am quite active and sports wise I try and keep up with everyone else. Luckily for me I can still ski and go hiking in the mountains and just push through the pain as much as possible. I am now however looking at getting knee supports as im struggling a bit more than usual. (I've hit 40 now which doesn't help) Can anyone recommend any particular type of supports/braces? There are so many out there I've no idea where to start. Thanks for your help and wishing everyone a pain free day.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 2019 15.09 by Mac

Hi Mktt79 I have used both elastic and adjustable supports, and I do find the elastic ones better and gives me that bit of extra support over the adjustable. Though my friend finds the adjustable ones better, it's one of them things where it's down to the individual, I would give both awhirl and see which you like. One thing about the elastic it tends to slip down with age, so doesn't last as long as the adjustable support, but costs less. I get mine from Boots chemists.

Posted Sat 12 Oct 2019 07.58 by PJM88

I use the blue Neo G sports supports on my knees and elbows. I use their black elasticated ones on my feet/ankles and hands/wrists. When my lower back is more painful, I wear a lower back support, which is a bit cumbersome, but it helps.

Posted Sun 13 Oct 2019 10.49 by Mac

What sort of back support do you use PJM88, i'm looking one to wear at night in bed, and have yet to get one that does the job and is sort of half comfortable.

To take part, sign in or register with us