Imraldi for psoriasis

Posted Fri 4 Oct 2019 18.13 by stewartt14

I have been taking fortnightly dose of 40mg using a pen.After some initial improvement the treatment seems to have a lessening of its effectiveness.I have been taking it for 7 months. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what recommendation did your Dermatologist suggest ie increase in dosage/alternative treament etc Stewart

Posted Sun 20 Oct 2019 17.42 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

I am experiencing exactly the same. At first, I was thrilled at the way my skin cleared up. For the first time in decades, I spent the Summer in sleeveless dresses rather than being covered up in trousers and long sleeved tops. Sadly, bit by bit, patches are returning and small new spots are appearing. I saw the derm nurse and she gave me quite a lot of Enstilar to knock it back again. We are going to review in Jan. One idea she floated past me is that SOME people become immune to such meds. She reassured me that she has others for me to try. It is like a roller coaster of happiness and optimism followed by sadness and gloom. I have been depressed at the thought of injecting if I also have to use the topical treatments but will wait to see what happens by January. I’ll post again.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 2019 10.30 by stewartt14

Your expriences mirror my own (including going back to Enstilar).I am going back to the hospital this week to see what they recommend and I will post their suggestions. Stewart

Posted Tue 29 Oct 2019 20.18 by stewartt14

I had an appointment with the nurse at MK hospital and she pretty much said the same as yours did.The treatment can be effective in the beginning and like us others have experienced a return of the condition.If it continues to decline in its effectiveness there are other treatments that can be used but that decision will be made by the dermotologist doctor when I next see her in November.Like you in the meantime it is a regine of continuing with the injections with additional Enstilar spraying and cetraben ointment 2/3 times a day. Will they ever find a cure!!! Probably not in my lifetime Stewart

Posted Tue 29 Oct 2019 21.51 by Essexgran

I’m sorry and hope you have a good outcome in November. I have no medical training or inside information but I suspect we will be offered another biosimilar and have to use that for months. If that fails, we will then go up a “tier” and be offered a more expensive one and so on. This happened to me with the various systemic tablets so I’m assuming this is the protocol. My psoriasis is really flaring up now and I’m fed up injecting myself with something that isn’t working. My appointment in January seems a long way off. However, I’m sticking with it for now in hope ! Good luck in November!

Posted Thu 31 Oct 2019 08.34 by stewartt14

I will report back after the consultation

Posted Fri 1 Nov 2019 17.06 by DEREK

Hi I have been on Humira for 4 years, earlier this year they changed it to Imraldi, injecting is like poking a sharp nail into your leg and stings for about 30 mins after injecting. I have noticed Psoriasis flaring up on my sides and my knees, I was given the lovely methotrexate tablets to counteract the flare ups, this has stemmed them , but I came of the methotrexate tablets after 2 months as my blood test was a bit abnormal, bring back Humira but I would imagine its all about cost. Derek

Posted Sat 2 Nov 2019 17.49 by Essexgran

This must be very difficult for you. At least I have never had the wonder of Humira! I think cost is definitely in the background of all decisions but they do try to balance this with clinical considerations. I think they try to find the cheapest treatment that works which makes sense but it does leave one feeling like a guinea pig! I can’t try the Imraldi / Methrotrexate combination as I have already reacted badly to this systemic. I am trying to persevere but on dark days I feel near to giving up. My daughter , worried about side effects, wants me to stop. My husband, ever an optimist, is sure all will be well. My lovely dermatology nurse gave me an optimistic pep talk at my last hospital appointment which makes me think I’m emanating vibes that I’m about to run for the hills. I have decided to have my next blood test in Dec., attend my January appointment and then decide. I hope they come up with a solution that works for you.

Posted Mon 4 Nov 2019 17.41 by stewartt14

Looks like we are all in the same boat.Although I have never been on Humira my reports from other sufferers is that it worked well.Surely the health service are taking note the biosimilars are not as effective as the original and should revert you back to Humira.If it is down to cost why don`t they negotiate a better rate as surely the manufactures don`t want to lose the business!! Stewart

Posted Sat 23 Nov 2019 17.50 by stewartt14

I have just had my consultation at the Hospital where they agreed that Imaraldi is not having the desired effect and I will be changing to" seckinumab" I will have to go through the same process as when I first went onto biologics ie blood tests,chest xray and then the wash out period for one month. Has anyone been on this medication? Stewart

Posted Wed 8 Jan 2020 16.48 by Essexgran

Hi there, continuing from my last post, I have now had my hospital appointment.As expected, I have been moved from Imraldi and am going onto the newer biologic Ilumetri. I cannot find any information on this and the hospital ,as yet, has none apart from the basic information of how it works. I am a little apprehensive to say the least as I note even this association says it will publish more information when it hears more. Fingers crossed ! Have you started your new treatment Stewart? Hope you are having good results.

Posted Tue 21 Jan 2020 17.05 by stewartt14

They are taking me off Imraldi and putting me on Secukinumab.The process takes 6 weeks to allow for a wash-out period.It seems excessive however I can understand why they are cautious.I have therefore to survive on Enstillar and Centreben for all that time. Has anyone else used this medication and what have been the results? Stewartt14

To take part, sign in or register with us