How I battled my own psoriasis with remedies, meditation and a healthy mind.

Posted Tue 15 Oct 2019 22.30 by Amberh117

Battling psoriasis is difficult, challenging and exhausting. Not only this but it can also cost a lot of money. I was at my worst with psoriasis at the beginning of the year, that much that I decided to research more into this. I stopped taking my steroids and took a herbal approach. I first started using ginger shampoo and baby shower gel which helped tremendously, you can get the ginger shampoo from the body shop and the baby shower gel from boots or online. In addition to this, I also looked into a range of different diets. I tried multiple diets and I really struggled with this so instead I cut back on gluten and dairy products for a few weeks (I now eat what I want) and I noticed a small difference but not much. Instead, I researched about taking supplements and probiotics. I took fish oil tablets, cod liver oil, turmeric, and probiotics. Probiotics are essential for a person with psoriasis because it helps to heal a person gut, and it gives us good bacteria in order to fight a leaky gut. You can find these at a herbal store, Holland and Berret and also Boots. These have helped my life so much, it kept my psoriasis under control to the point where I have stopped taking these every day. I only have a few bits of it on my scalp which tends to come when I'm stressed. Apart from that, it never affects my life and I know that if it did get worse I'd go back to taking this every day. Additionally, I used multiple creams such as Vitamin D3 cream, a super balm from lush and Aloe Vera Gel. I also used apple cider vinegar every day mixed with tamanu oil and turmeric powder and slept in this over night. Which was extremely effective in my case. Now, I have been in remission for 7 months and I don't do these washes anymore. Also, It's very important to keep a positive mindset because I noticed that the more I thought "It will never go away or get better" The longer it took for me to see difference and improvement. Fighting this isn't easy but waking up each morning and telling yourself it will get easier, will help to keep your mind and body healthy. I call this positive healing. For example, if we tell ourselves we are sick, our brain can cause us to have physical symptoms. Lastly, meditation is very significant in healing because it helps us to maintain positive and also eliminate us from stress. Remember, you will heal and it takes time!

Posted Thu 17 Oct 2019 18.09 by username

Can’t be arsed with potions and creams in my case I’m not letting this thing make me broke too so trying the positive mind angle and brush away stresses. Was it the meditation that did it for you?

Posted Thu 2 Jan 2020 11.15 by raja123

thanks Amber for sharing your experiences . really appreciate it . I am also taking turmeric and bile salts along with Vitamin D , I feel the condition is improving . However I feel that Sugar ,fried food seems to aggravate the condition . Can you please suggest which probiotic you have used and how long did it take for you to heal completely . Thanks Raja

To take part, sign in or register with us