Overthinking

Posted Tue 22 Oct 2019 01.06 by FairyDust

Hi everyone I’m new to this site but nowhere new to psoriasis. I’ve had it for nearly 30 years and tried nearly everything under the sun. My question is do you think sufferers are over thinkers ? I certainly am. I think of something. Think it over again and then again for good luck. Am I the only one who does that.? Personally I believe My over thinking does contribute to the stress I feel. That then manifests into my skin. Causing a flare. Your thoughts please

Posted Wed 23 Oct 2019 22.43 by wendyloish

Hi FairyDust, I have read enough postings on here to realise that what you are saying is quite common. As constant stress over a long period can be very damaging I would like to suggest that you look into something like meditation to stop the cycle. Personally I go for singing as a way to do that. Not necessarily even singing out loud. but running over a song in my head does the trick. You know how sometimes you get lines of a song that keep repeating themselves in your head, well I turn that around by using it to stop whatever else has been praying on my thoughts. You may find something else that works for you. like perhaps reimagining a happy event in your past or retelling yourself a favourite movie. just try until something works for you. wendyloish

Posted Fri 27 Dec 2019 04.50 by MIchael V

Hi Fairy Dust, (great name!), yeh singing is great. I have always loved music. I have recently watched a documentary about Meatloaf. A fan goes backstage after the concert, looks at Meat and says; 'you saved my life', and I know exactly what she meant. OK, music works, also painting/drawing is good, like reading it is escapism, shutting out badness for a while. Just look at the popularity of community choirs. Christmas carols have helped me. Also, have a look at my posting 'wonder treatment'. nothing has worked for me in 45 years except UV light treatment.. OK, so you have not only had my thoughts, but I shall include you in my prayers. So the only thing you have to think about is that you will get better. Be positive, confident and be kind to yourself!

Posted Sat 11 Jan 2020 18.17 by FairyDust

Thank you guys it’s good to know that there are some people out there that genuinely care! Michael V I can relate to meatloaf’s fan for sure and music is the very thing that has saved me .. oh and biologics!!! I’ve had my stelara jab yesterday and feel rotten but a couple of days of achyness and head bangingness is a small price to pay for clearer heeled plaques and movement and no snowy scalp :) I am thankful everyday for the treatment that has got me from rock bottom to back on track.

Posted Sat 11 Jan 2020 21.13 by MIchael V

I do agree, you can overthink lots of things. At present my legs are swollen, which I was convinced was an infection, but when antibios didn't have any effect I went back and saw my own GP. I said it would be the Psoriasis. I do think that positive thinking and to expect good outcomes for most things is beneficial. I had got so down with my Ps. before Christmas that I prayed about it, for healing. Things are much better now and I hasten to add, that I'm not trying to convince anyone of a devine being. That would not be something I would ever do, but having had a grown up daughter who died. There things that happen that reveal stuff, you know, in your hour of need. And I really wanted to know where she was now. So I was open to anything/any sign, and there were and still are. This is a very personal thing and that's all I have to say. So yeh, don't overthink, when today has gone, has worrying made any difference, no, only to make you less convinced of things and not necessarily more positive, So have thoughts of hope, opportunities, new friends and fresh beginings, All good wishes to my fellow sufferers for 2020

To take part, sign in or register with us