I shaved and *Poof* GONE

Posted Tue 5 Nov 2019 22.07 by EJoFinley

Hello everyone, My name is Ethan and I am 25 years old. I have had psoriasis since I was around 15 or so. It was almost solely on my head and in my ears but has recently appeared as a thick patch of plaques right above my uh...rear. The patches and flakes that were on ny head (which I had covered in a thick long brown hair) were so thick that I could get a finger nail under them and peel tbem away like paper. I have dry and flaky patches along my eyebrows and chin as well. About a month or two ago I decided to completely shave my head. Doing sonwas an enormous change for me but upon getting rid of my hair I was able to see how bad my plaques were and boy, they were even worse than I thought. Withing a couple days of having no hair and shaving again along with application of lotion to my scalp my head had just about completely cleared up on top. Upon looking into my condition and seeing how my psoriasis reacted to allowing my hair to grow back I noticed that once two days of hair growth occured the psoriasis would come back very painfully. So as long as I keep my head baby smooth and shaved my psoriasis stays away and I can remain confident and comfortable.

Posted Wed 6 Nov 2019 11.51 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Ethan, what lotion were you applying? Some treatments are indeed difficult to get directly to the scalp if you have thick hair. Back in the early 70s my brother developed psoriasis in the scalp and advice back then was to keep hair extra-short so that sun and air could reach the scalp. Not sure if it was good advice or not. He was in the military and given a dispensation not to wear his headgear except on battle-manoeuvres

To take part, sign in or register with us