Please advise... first post

Posted Sat 16 Nov 2019 22.32 by Lawrence Bird

My first post here. A 48 year old male suffering from psoriasis all over my arms and legs. Disgusting to look at and feels like 3rd degree burns. I have taken Norco for back and neck pain for many years but have discovered this medication, demonized by the media for political purposes, helps a GREAT deal in helping with the pain for about 3-4 hours. So much better and effective than Advil, Motrin, etc, etc. I do take Inderal 50 mg daily for heart palpitations and have read this is a trigger. My psoriasis only broke out about a year ago and I've taken Inderal for 28 years so I don't think it's that. I've been put on Clobetasol and it has zero effect whatsoever. I'm considering Otezla or light therapy but my penny pinching employers will charge me vacation time for even a 15 minute doctor appointment so I have resisted going lately. I spoke to my personal attorney about this and showed him that the plaques cover about 30-40% of my body and how unbearable it is to even wear pants and a long sleeved shirt. He highly urged me to tell my doctor to go on disability. This is not something I would want in any way but something I also have to consider because I work outside doing pest control and my arms and legs are in constant agony because of the required uniforms and all of the walking, lifting, pulling, etc. Should I try for DA? At least until it gets better with treatment? My fingers are also getting extremely painful so my guess is that the arthritis has already began. Sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep at night I pray that I'll never awake from this nightmare and I know some of you have been through the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you fellow brothers and sisters suffering from this horrible disease.

To take part, sign in or register with us